Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

/ Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
Couple days ago, I purchased this chipper from local craigslist for $30.
The title of the sale was "non-starting wood chipper for $30".
It is Harbor freight wood chipper 5.5hp engine.
It looks fairly new and not much used.
I suspect the problem is that the main jet was plugged in due to being unused for a long time.
Once, it was cleaned, runs like champion πŸ€€πŸ˜‹
John's Ranch

/ Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ #2  
Sounds like a 'deal'!

Last 'deal' I got on a shredder looked just about identical for only $200. It had a real nice looking Tecumseh engine. I changed the oil, new oil & air filters, and new gasoline. Cranked that baby up, and within 3 minutes it blew a hole out of the block big enough to put my fist through it :-(

No more 'deals' for me. Next one I bought was a pto powered Woodland Mills chipper, for about $2K 2 years ago. Live & learn.

Good luck with your find. Hope you get years of use out of it.

/ Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Sounds like a 'deal'!

Last 'deal' I got on a shredder looked just about identical for only $200. It had a real nice looking Tecumseh engine. I changed the oil, new oil & air filters, and new gasoline. Cranked that baby up, and within 3 minutes it blew a hole out of the block big enough to put my fist through it :-(

No more 'deals' for me. Next one I bought was a pto powered Woodland Mills chipper, for about $2K 2 years ago. Live & learn.

Good luck with your find. Hope you get years of use out of it.
😩
😩
Sorry to hear about Tecumseh engine..

Fortunately, my good deal shredder works good so far
πŸ˜„
πŸ˜„

Actually, in my experience the predator engine from the Harbor freight is very good.

Purchased a couple engines for log splitter and water pressure washer several years ago. They are doing so well until now.

Thank you for your comment.

Jkk

/ Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ #4  
😩
😩
Sorry to hear about Tecumseh engine..

Fortunately, my good deal shredder works good so far
πŸ˜„
πŸ˜„

Actually, in my experience the predator engine from the Harbor freight is very good.

Purchased a couple engines for log splitter and water pressure washer several years ago. They are doing so well until now.

Jkk

I agree with you regarding the Predator engines. All I've ever heard about them is that they are priced 'right', and reliable. My purchase was simply stupid.

/ Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ #5  
I've owned two chipper shredders and one was a self propelled yard vac. They work great new but both units the blade dulls quickly. The first one was an MTD with drop down metal scoop I got at Kmart. I sold that when the neighbor lady wanted to sell me her fancier Troy Bilt lawn vac chipper. It worked great but walking 20' and the bag would be full of leaves. I sold that after a year or two. It's chipper was bigger but the MTD had a better design. I realized it was easier taking the limbs down to the city compost lot and just letting the leaves do their thing. This morning I was watching Lumnah Acres and he's having to force limbs into the chipper. That's the first sign your blades are dull.

/ Harbor freight wood chipper shredder for $30 πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
I've owned two chipper shredders and one was a self propelled yard vac. They work great new but both units the blade dulls quickly. The first one was an MTD with drop down metal scoop I got at Kmart. I sold that when the neighbor lady wanted to sell me her fancier Troy Bilt lawn vac chipper. It worked great but walking 20' and the bag would be full of leaves. I sold that after a year or two. It's chipper was bigger but the MTD had a better design. I realized it was easier taking the limbs down to the city compost lot and just letting the leaves do their thing. This morning I was watching Lumnah Acres and he's having to force limbs into the chipper. That's the first sign your blades are dull.
Agreed with you about taking the limbs down to the city compost lot and just letting the leaves do their thing

The reason I bought this chipper is for a fun experiment project not for personal use.

I used to have a MTD chipper several years ago.
It is not convenient at all.

I rather burn all limbs, branches from the tree trims in the wet winter season.
I already put an advertisement to sell it on craigslist.
πŸ˜„
πŸ˜‰