Had to get to Hospital FAST- so I took the Ninja.......

/ Had to get to Hospital FAST- so I took the Ninja....... #1  

Fawken

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1100
This morning, just as I was setting up a temporary circuit for the "Shared Neutral Testing," I get a call from one of my son's friends. They were at the Rowlett Creek Preserve mountain bike trail. My son had told me yesterday he and the friend were going there to log some miles. The friend was out of breath and when he told me Kris had wrecked "pretty bad and something may be broken" he couldn't answer my questions fast enough. I'm a panic kind of dad. I heard my son groaning in the background telling him to, "just hang up." Frantic moments later I get a call that EMT is taking a mule into the trail to bring him out. I haven't ridden that trail in several years but it used to have several gnarly drops and creek crossings, so when the friend told me they had him on a board and in a neck brace, well.... I just grabbed the first thing I could get to for the 20 mile trip to Garland Baylor ER, a Ninja 900 that I just finished a valve adjust on this week for a friend. Kris is fine, other than a few scrapes and broken clavicle. He is in good spirits and other than the usual tension I suffer when interfacing with his mom (ex #2) I'm slowly getting my BP back to normal.

Well I said all that to say the test will be a few hours late. If his injuries had been worse it may have been delayed indefinitely. This seems to be the time of year for accidents.

/ Had to get to Hospital FAST- so I took the Ninja....... #2  
Glad to hear it wasn't worse!

/ Had to get to Hospital FAST- so I took the Ninja....... #3  
oh boy... i love those situations. more so trying to deal with person thinking there ok, and yelling not to call an ambulance *groans* glad to hear everything ok.

/ Had to get to Hospital FAST- so I took the Ninja.......
Thanks. Even now when I called him at home it was like he didn't want to talk. Guess I embarrassed him at the hospital or something. About half my work is at a local hospital so I know how ER's are on the weekend.

/ Had to get to Hospital FAST- so I took the Ninja....... #5  
Good to hear it wasn't worse. Unexpected calls are seldom good news.