Grey Market Tractors

/ Grey Market Tractors #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone out there had any dealings with King Equipment Company in Carnesville, GA?Have had some bad luck with a Yanmar FX24D and with a Mitsubishi MT21 before that. The mitsubishi fell apart in a week, and the Yanmar has had several problems including bad wiring, rusty water in the radiator, low on dirty oil,leaky seals on the front diff, broken headlamps and more. Looks like they may have just painted it and called it reconditioned.

/ Grey Market Tractors #2  
I have never dealt with them or even heard of them. Please don't take what I am about to say the wrong way, but most of that stuff you should have caught yourself before the purchase. Broken headlights, low dirty oil, and rusty water in the radiator are all things you should have noticed. No they shouldn't sell tractors with those kinds of problems, but there are some poeple out there that will try to get away with anything they can and it is up to the buyer to take the appropriate steps to protect themselves. What has the dealer said about these problems?

/ Grey Market Tractors #3  
No offence but if the first one was junk why would you buy another one from the same guy? Were the tractors sold as is or did the dealer say that he changes all the fluid and filters and fixes every broken piece before you buy it? Just want to clarify.

/ Grey Market Tractors #4  
EFC,
Supposedly they were "factory reconditioned". A Grey doesn't get a "factory" recondition as far as I know.

/ Grey Market Tractors #5  
507, thanks, yea it is a paradox. Some people consider changing the oil is reconditioning and some people think painting is reconditioning ect. That is why I don’t paint tractors, gives people the wrong impression. It really is possible to polish a turd. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I know a lot of guys get their tractors from Vietnam and I have seen both good and bad "reconditioning". They always say they rebuilt the engine. Never could figure out why they rebuilt the only part of the tractor that didn’t really need it. If the engine was truly shot then the rest of the tractor must be real garbage. I feel bad that this guy got a bad tractor and I imagine the dealer will eventually give him his money back. You really shouldn’t have to spend months doing research before you buy. One thing is true not every dealer and ever customer can meet eye to eye on everything.

Buck

/ Grey Market Tractors #6  
I have saw a few ads for them in the equipment trader wanting to set up dealers, after talking to a seemingly very knowledgeable gray importer he said he believes their tractors get the Vietnam reconditioning which usually is only a paint job and make sure they start.

/ Grey Market Tractors #7  
The starter went out on an older compact Kubota a friend has. He was told (Kubota dealer) this tractor came out of Canada and is therefore a "Gray" market. He cannot get a starter for it. I think he is trying to get his starter re-wound.