Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540

• Thread starter Deleted member 371759
  • Start date
   / Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540 #1  
D

Deleted member 371759

I boogered up a few Zerk fittings on my loader I ordered a Lock&lube to try and prevent it in the future but 2 fittings need replacing. Does anyone know the correct size? I did some research on this site and it looks like a member used M8x1.25. Curious if anyone else has replaced any on their loader and what size they used. Thanks

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540 #2  
All the zerks I sized with a Grease Fitting Thread Tester, Type Gage from Grainger were a Brass Metric M8 X 1.25 into a steel pin, Grainger has the same size zerk but in a zinc plated steel. I ordered some so I could have extra since my dealer didn't have the size in stock, the threads are the same so I'm hoping they work.

I'm not sure if you saw my post above but that was the size I needed after messing up a few.

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540
I called my dealership today to try and find the size they say they have no idea and Mahindra does not sell just the fittings. In order to get a fitting you have to buy the entire pin. I ordered a few M8x1.25 today from the jungle store and will test them when they get here. If they fit I will order a bunch more. I would drill and tap before I spend more than the cost of a fitting. The fittings I ordered today were stainless. Hopefully they fit, stainless should be much more durable than brass.

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540 #4  
When I needed new zerks - took a good one from an alternate location. Took it to NAPA and finally found exact replacements at O'Reileys. What really chaps my hide - zerks on the grapple, FEL, tractor and rear blade can each be a different size/thread.

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540 #5  
What really chaps my hide - zerks on the grapple, FEL, tractor and rear blade can each be a different size/thread.
That's why I buy the multipack "kits". I get about 100 of each SAE and Metric for about $10 a kit.

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540 #7  
I have the remnets of several kits on the shelf plus a couple of new ones and at least twice a year I'll have to find and order a different size.

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540 #8  
I have the remnets of several kits on the shelf plus a couple of new ones and at least twice a year I'll have to find and order a different size.
I also keep various taps on hand. Not only do I use those for dressing the holes, when necessary, but If I run into a situation like yours, I make it fit. ;)

/ Grease fitting size Ansung loader Mahindra 4540
Fittings arrived today. Can confirm that M8x1.25 thread in properly. Lock and lube also arrived a few days ago. Where has that thing been all my life?