Oil & Fuel Got a Hydraulic Leak

/ Got a Hydraulic Leak #11  
You can get what you need to repair the seal at Summit racing

The ones listed at Earl's are for AN fittings which are based on 37 degree flair fittings (originally a military spec now popular with racing applications). Same concept, different specs.

The fittings on the hydraulic system of your tractor are 45 degree JIC fittings so I would follow Old Machinist advice and go to a hydraulic repair shop.

Good Luck!

JN

BTW - thanks Old Machinist for jumping in and refreshing my memory of the term crush washers. I couldn't remember the term and it is far easier to tell the guy at the parts what you want by the proper name than by trying to explain it in 500 words or less! : )

Last edited:
   / Got a Hydraulic Leak
There went a quick pile of money. LOL But I don't have a leak any more. I bought the steering Cylinder and the new one came with a 90 deg and 37 degree fitting that I had to screw in. The old one has the parts welded and after taking it off the fitting was cracked. The new one also doesn't have zerk fittings on the pivot ends but I don't think they were needed anyway. CC should have given a price break since the original cylinder was a design flaw. Oh well, it is fixed and running very smooth. Thank you all for your help.

/ Got a Hydraulic Leak #13  
Glad your problem is solved. I hope you get a chance to enjoy your tractor now!

JN

/ Got a Hydraulic Leak #14  
Glad you're up and runnin fellow Marine!