Goat Recipes

/ Goat Recipes #11  
A butcher hauled 15 goats from North Dakota to Wisconsin, after he got home 5 escaped, 4 haven’t been seen since but one of them has moved into my barn. When I first saw it I thought it was a deer but it was eating grass like crazy so I got the binoculars and realized it was actually a goat. A couple hours later I actually saw it walk into the barn but didn’t ever see it come out so I walked down there to see what was going on. No goat in the barn so I looked in the thrash floor where there are a couple tractors stored, still no goat but then I heard it running on the wood floor in the hay mow so I look up just when it jumped down and landed about 5 feet from me, it ran out the door into the soybean field.

/ Goat Recipes #12  
1697137740266.jpeg

/ Goat Recipes #13  
A butcher hauled 15 goats from North Dakota to Wisconsin, after he got home 5 escaped, 4 haven’t been seen since but one of them has moved into my barn. When I first saw it I thought it was a deer but it was eating grass like crazy so I got the binoculars and realized it was actually a goat. A couple hours later I actually saw it walk into the barn but didn’t ever see it come out so I walked down there to see what was going on. No goat in the barn so I looked in the thrash floor where there are a couple tractors stored, still no goat but then I heard it running on the wood floor in the hay mow so I look up just when it jumped down and landed about 5 feet from me, it ran out the door into the soybean field.
Better than finding it standing on the hood of your vehicle, I've seen that before.

/ Goat Recipes
Well my first adventure in goat cuisine was a success! I used the bones and carcass to make a goat barley soup! It was excellent!!! I cooked the bones down for about 4 hours so the meat was super tender and the broth had an amazing richness due to all of the collagen from the bones and connective tissue. Might have been the best soup I have ever made which is saying a lot because I LOVE making soup. Even the soup queen, my mother, said it was delicious. On Saturday I am going to throw a whole rear leg on the pellet grill and smoke it for about 4 hours. STAY TUNED!

/ Goat Recipes
I actually got 2 goats from him, one was a good sized goat, I processed that one into different cuts. The smaller one I skinned and left it whole. I want to roast/smoke it later this winter, whole. I kind of want to do it in a more traditional way, like how they bury them. I need to do a little more research on that process.

/ Goat Recipes #16  
I took a three year old goat to try. The meat was softer and tastier than that of a goat of the same age. Sausage, cutlets. Super. Those who ate said veal. But only the fat and bone separated within 4 hours.

/ Goat Recipes
Smoked a goat hindquarter yesterday. Marinaded it in beer, lime juice and seasonings for a few hours, put it on the pellet grill at 250 for 4.5 hours to bring it up to 155 deg. then rested it for 20 minutes wrapped in foil. The flavor was really nice but it was a little on the tough side, not gonna lie. The hindquarters on these mini goats are full of sinew and silver skin. I think they led themselves better to low and slow stew type dished. It was very edible just a bit on the chewy side.
IMG-20231015-WA0000.jpg

/ Goat Recipes #18  
That's how the West Indians do it in a slow simmered stew for many, many hours.

/ Goat Recipes #19  
that goat leg look really good!!

Never made goat myself but to tenderize any meat my go to marinade is to mix something acid, with spices, sugar and oil so my go to is wine or soya sauce, preferred spice (Montreal steak spice and pepper mix spices), basilic oil or olive oil and BBQ sauce... let it sit in for 48h and it make wonder regardless how you cook it.

/ Goat Recipes #20  
My neighbors had it all, goats, sheep, various ducks, chickens, pheasants, quail, so forth...so I ate it all at their place. Pretty much anything older or gamey they marinade in a red thai sauce, which seems to break down tissue pretty well.