Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Gage wheels on back blade for snow?

/ Gage wheels on back blade for snow? #11  
Hey Jack, just got back from the Ventrac sales meeting and they now have V-blade. Also mowed with a new sickle-bar mower. Works GREAT. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Gage wheels on back blade for snow? #12  
Hey Egon,

Got any pics of those wheels?

/ Gage wheels on back blade for snow? #13  
There so ugly I hate to even think of posting them.

Egon

Last edited:
   / Gage wheels on back blade for snow?
Thanks everyone for the input.

I think I will try to adapt my landscape rake gage wheels to my back blade. Worth a try anyway. We really don't usually get that much snow here in Pittsburgh anyway, so it may work just fine...

I will post a pic when I have them mounted...IF I get them mounted...you know what I mean... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My guess is that I will get them mounted though...hopefully after my T and T is up and running... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AND before the first snow fall this season... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Gage wheels on back blade for snow? #15  
HOLY SMOKES, THOSE THINGS ARE UGLY! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding. That's sort of what I was thinking of for the sporadic occasions that I might need them. Basically, they're rolling skid shoes, and should attach easily by the blade bolts and a nice heavy piece of angle iron or tube steel. They can easily be removed for those times the tractor wants to feel pretty. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Gage wheels on back blade for snow? #16  
Last Nov. I pieced together a set of gage wheels for my front blade. The blade was purchased for clearing snow, but is untested so far.

344215-MVC-021F.JPG

This Spring, I got a set of KK gage wheels for the landscape rake. I also like their build and heft. The wheels in my front blade project may be a bit puny. Adapting the KK wheels would spread their cost over use on another implement. I don't think they'd have trouble holding up to the task.

OkieG

/ Gage wheels on back blade for snow? #18  
When I had a Graveley -- I used a set of Deere mower deck wheels mounted where the skid shoes would go to keep the blade above the gravel about 2" -- those wheels are hard plastic and slightly rounded so they don't dig in.