G3033H or XR 3032H

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #1  

morgansw

Tractor
None yet
I've done my research and finally narrowed it down to an LS tractor, either the G3033H or XR 3032H for my very first tractor. I probably would have been fine with the G3033H if I had never sat on an XR 3032H, but now that I have, I just have to decide if it's worth the extra $3500. Both tractors will easily meet my needs, although the XR 3032H has 36% more loader lifting capacity, which will be the primary use of the tractor. The XR also has extra features that I don't really need, but it is so much more comfortable than the G3033H. Since this is my first tractor, I'd like to get some other opinions from experienced operators. Is comfort and 36% more lifting capacity worth an extra 21% in price?

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #2  
I've done my research and finally narrowed it down to an LS tractor, either the G3033H or XR 3032H for my very first tractor. I probably would have been fine with the G3033H if I had never sat on an XR 3032H, but now that I have, I just have to decide if it's worth the extra $3500. Both tractors will easily meet my needs, although the XR 3032H has 36% more loader lifting capacity, which will be the primary use of the tractor. The XR also has extra features that I don't really need, but it is so much more comfortable than the G3033H. Since this is my first tractor, I'd like to get some other opinions from experienced operators. Is comfort and 36% more lifting capacity worth an extra 21% in price?

Hi Morgan. Not long ago I was in the same situation (a bit worse) than you. I was also comparing a J2023H along with the G3033H. Then, came the XR3032H. After doing study after study, brain overload of looking at this tractor's specs, etc, I finally settled on the XR3032H.

More features, and I planned on keeping the tractor for a very long time. Over the period of years I figured the extra money would over ride the extra cost. Turns out there were some hidden incentives my dealer let me in on. There wasn't that much difference in the price of the G3033H as opposed to the XR3032H.

I ended up with a FEL, BH, 5 ft rotary cutter, and 5 ft rotary tiller. I have been very pleased with my purchase since delivery on July 3rd of this year.

Ask your dealer about new tractor incentives for either tractor. You may be surprised.

Good luck with your decision. Happy tractoring!

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #3  
An R series tractor is way more tractor than the G series! I would go for the R $3500 doesn't seem like much money for what you would be getting although its not my money either. But if there are incentives? Heck I would still go with the R even if there are no more incentives its a lot less money than if you want to trade up at any time in the future!

/ G3033H or XR 3032H
Thanks, I'm thinking that I will be happier in the long run with XR 3032H as well. Since I'm financing the tractor and my immediate need is just for the tractor and loader, I may just buy it without any implements to keep my payments down and then just by the cutter and other implements later as needed and pay cash for them.

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #5  
MorganSW, I moved 5 tandem truck loads of double ground hardwood mulch during the Labor Day holidays with my new XR3032H - FEL with BH. That tractor never flinched at all. The only problem I even noticed is it became a little hard to start from time to time. At first, I thought it was because it was getting hot. Temps in my area at that time were 94*.

The temp gauge however never reached the mid point of the gauge.

Later on as part of my maintenance, I looked at the air filter. With all that fine dust flying and blowing back into the engine, the little slit opening for the air cleaner became partially clogged. I cleaned it out along with the internal air filter, and I've not had another problem with my tractor starting up or running.

I have no idea how much I saved myself by moving all that mulch, but I do know my place has never looked that good. Yes, I was tired from all of it - but who would't be from moving all that mulch especially with R1 Ag tires?

I am very happy with my investment. Even my mother likes that tractor, and that's saying a lot!

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #6  
I am shopping these tractors as well, for sure some smart marketing/pricing by LS.

Lets say all I really need is a J series, well for a couple thousand more, why not get a G, but wait, for a couple thousand more why not get an XR32/37 series, but why get an XR3037 when an XR 4041 is only 1800 more...

You really have to decide on your needs vs your absolute spend...

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #7  
Don't underestimate the importance of ergonomics. Sit on each of them and see how they fit and imagine what the seating position and location of the controls are going to feel like after several hours working in the seat.

I ended up with an R3039H. Much more comfortable and controls better laid out for me.

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #8  
Since you want the loader lift capacity go with the XR3032H. I bought my XR3037HC for 3 reasons. 1) More than doubled the lift capacity of my previous tractor, 2) Cab with heat and AC, 3) Price was better than 5 other brands I looked at. I have lots of snow in winter so the heated cab is very nice. As you mentioned you can always buy attachments later. CL usually has good deals on used stuff.

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #9  
Go for the biggest you can afford in my opinion.

I was leaning to the XR3032/37 until I came across a 2013 R4041H with only 59 hours, with a back blade and pallet forks.

Its probably bigger than what I need, but it will be about $3000 cheaper than the new XR3037 with no implements.

I'm picking it up tomorrow and sure cant wait.

/ G3033H or XR 3032H #10  
Go for the biggest you can afford in my opinion.

I was leaning to the XR3032/37 until I came across a 2013 R4041H with only 59 hours, with a back blade and pallet forks.

Its probably bigger than what I need, but it will be about $3000 cheaper than the new XR3037 with no implements.

I'm picking it up tomorrow and sure cant wait.

Congrats! I have a 2013 R4041H with 112 hrs on it so far and couldn't be happier with it. You will be happy with that deal (Tier 3 engine) and implements. Mine is very maneuverable and can get in tight spots. :thumbsup: