G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead**

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead** #1  

Sniggle

Silver Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota B7800 (new to me @ 435 hours
Well, I was talking nice about my G1900s just the other day, and today cutting grass, notices a stream of oil, drove immediately back to the shed, and her oil was empty. Added some more just to see where the major leak was, and it appears to be the main bearing seal. Good news is that the main bearing seal is easily accessible from the front, if that is what blew. I plan on taking the front apart today to get my eyes on it.

Anyone have the main bearing seal fail? Was it like I experienced...the tractor basically puking up all its oil? Any advice?

Well, I will go get my hands dirty and hopefully be to the seal in about 1.5 hours.

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead**
That only took 30 minutes. Got to the seal, and it was stiff and loose in the fitting. The bearing behind the seal looks fine. Guess on Monday I will get the new seal, put it back together, and see if the problem is fixed.
IMG-2899.jpg
IMG-2900.jpg
IMG-2901.jpg

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead** #3  
When you get it back together, give it a bath...It's filthy. :rolleyes:

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead**
Sad update. After going out to look at it again, it appears that the main bearing has failed, which is what blew out the oil seal. I think this is the end for my G1900s.

Here are some pictures....tell me if I am correct in my assessment.

(Changed the oil every year, checked levels regularly, but probably has 2500 hours on her)
IMG-2906.jpg
IMG-2904.jpg

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead** #6  
I was going to comment on your quick loss of oil from that seal but didn't. I had a leaking main seal on one of my M9's, but it just seeped, never poured out so I'd say the end bearing let go and ate the seal.

I'd also say that changing the oil yearly was the cause. Not enough.

Well, she has been hauled away. I was not going to mess with it, and the guy I bought a used JD from this morning paid me $50 to haul it away. It may have been worth more than that, but sometimes the easy way is worth it.

RIP Kubota G1900S.

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead** #8  
Damn. I wish I saw this thread earlier. I have a spare g1900 engine. Or maybe I would have bought yours. I'm a G1900 hoarder. lol

/ G1900S - Main Bearing Oil seal catastrophic failure **update...it may be dead** #9  
Well, I was talking nice about my G1900s just the other day, and today cutting grass, notices a stream of oil, drove immediately back to the shed, and her oil was empty. Added some more just to see where the major leak was, and it appears to be the main bearing seal. Good news is that the main bearing seal is easily accessible from the front, if that is what blew. I plan on taking the front apart today to get my eyes on it.

Anyone have the main bearing seal fail? Was it like I experienced...the tractor basically puking up all its oil? Any advice?

Well, I will go get my hands dirty and hopefully be to the seal in about 1.5 hours.
Hi! Can you send me a copy of the manual? I have issues with my g1700 and I'm looking for the manual. Thank You very much. My e-mail: turiandras1@gmai.com