Oil & Fuel FUEL TC55

/ FUEL TC55 #1  

FULLPULL

Gold Member
Tractor
TC55DA
Well after a good break in my tractor is using less fuel as i expected . Just changed the oil i put Rotella 15w40 and a new filter . It seems to have more power and is doing fine other than a couple of small items the dealer is going to take care of .

I still miss the tc40 hydro transmission in tight spots but the ehhs also has its benifits .The hp differance is alot from the 40 to 55 .You cant tell the Harley rake is behind it . I would buy this tractor again for what i use it for. :D

/ FUEL TC55 #2  
That's good to hear. It seems like mine is using a little less fuel, even though it is only at 56 hrs.

I too have been happy with my little 55. The only exception being the bucket that could be a little beefier.

/ FUEL TC55 #3  
I have now 265 hrs on my TC55DA. For me I picked the right size maschine to do most of my jobs (98%) and always had plenty power from that tractor. I did figure out that I could save a bit on fuel if I run the engine at 2100 to 2200 rpms instead of 2500 for 540. I've been adding a little bit of diesel fuel conditioner for quite a while now and have a bit less fuel consumption again.

/ FUEL TC55 #4  
Nice machine, it's definitely on my short list. Can you tell when the the Turbo kicks in?

/ FUEL TC55
My hearing is bad so i cant hear the wine much but there is plenty of power so i figure its working .

/ FUEL TC55 #6  
shaley said:
Nice machine, it's definitely on my short list. Can you tell when the the Turbo kicks in?

No, since this turbo diesel is not intercooled and has low pressure only. TC48 (non turbo) , TC55 (turbo'd). You just get gradually more power and you can hear the turbo whistle a bit. If you would put in a intercooler, you could run more boost, give it more fuel and you got sumtin! ;-)

/ FUEL TC55 #8  
It is the same engine and it has a turbo as well. I don't think it is intercooled. All I do know is, that she turns 2800rpms @ 60HP. That is a full 100rpms more than the TC55DA and I bet that is how they are getting 5HP more out of it. The 2410 however, has the same specs than the TC55DA.

/ FUEL TC55
They take the same turbo ,valves, pistons, and rods just the head has a different part no . I did check the injector pump it and the injectors aredifferent .It does have the same rpm 2475 to get 540 rpm at the pto so there getting the hp from the head and fuel delivery. You can find this info on the NH parts site and comparing them on the NH web site.

Last edited: