Oil & Fuel fuel filter

/ fuel filter
I've been on tractors that the 3-pt will not go down with just operator weight.....they need the weight of an implement. Having said that, if your lever is not going all the way forward, I would check linkage in the tirewell. Might be something binding/bent. I have seen.......in a 5000 or 6000 series Cub where I've had to trim around the front of the plastic housing where the 3 point lever goes, to allow it to travel just a bit further, in order to work.
Check all this out and see where we are.

BTW, thanks for your service. You drew a short straw on the timing of your enlistment. I did 25 years, but didn't start till the late 70's......

Frank, thanks for your note. I think your right about the linkage. In the next day or so, I'm going to pull the wheel off and do some adjustments and make sure the spool valve is operating correctly. I keep you informed. By the way the straw I pulled led to me becoming the Batalion commanders driver and he kept me in Germany for the duration. I really don't consider myself a vet but I'm very proud to have served.

Don

/ fuel filter
Re: 3 point

I've been on tractors that the 3-pt will not go down with just operator weight.....they need the weight of an implement. Having said that, if your lever is not going all the way forward, I would check linkage in the tirewell. Might be something binding/bent. I have seen.......in a 5000 or 6000 series Cub where I've had to trim around the front of the plastic housing where the 3 point lever goes, to allow it to travel just a bit further, in order to work.
Check all this out and see where we are.

BTW, thanks for your service. You drew a short straw on the timing of your enlistment. I did 25 years, but didn't start till the late 70's......

Frank

Back to the 3 point that is stuck in the up position. (cub 6284) I found my problem, the cylinder is stuck at the fully extended position. I took it off the tractor and now have it under high pressure (I have the weight of my van sitting on it) and I'm soaking it PB Blaster. Hope this breaks it loos! Does anyone know, is this rebuildable???

/ fuel filter
I found the problem with the 3 point. the cylinder was stuck from years of no use. Broke it loose and works fine. Thanks to all for all the help.

Don