Oil & Fuel Fuel Filter change

/ Fuel Filter change #1  

johnnylight

Gold Member
Tractor
TC34DA
Ok replaced the oil and filter today no probelm..

Removed the fuel filter clean out some orange sediment out of the bowl.
replaced the fuel filter it, tried putting it back on --no way wont go on.
ran to the dealer for new o ring (large one) nothing wrong with the old one.
go home still the same problem --it wont scew back up kept at it and finally got it on --What did I miss??

What a day.
I never had that problem before.
Is there a trick to this?

/ Fuel Filter change #2  
i had the same problem awhile back....turns out the ring that screws on to hold the bowl was slightly out of round. I ended up getting a whole new filter assembly. wasn't very expensive. it was pretty frustrating for a while.

/ Fuel Filter change #3  
On my TC18, there is a lip hanging down that the filter must be pushed up onto before the bowl will fit all the way up.

/ Fuel Filter change #4  
one time i was changing the brake pads on my 82 malibu, the left side went well with the 3/8" allen head, but the right side was taking a lot of muscle to get it off, my neighbor then, Steve (a motorhead w/ a nice '51 chevy coupe) came out and asked me if i was putting it on (I was turning the wrong way!!!!) go figure!.. sometimes this is a problem (like unplugged appliances that don't work!)

/ Fuel Filter change #5  
Just did mine on my TC30 today. Even with the access panels removed, and the body panel removed, I couldn't get my hands in position to unscrew that devil. Tried tapping it with a screw driver, no dice.
Then I looked at the filter wrench I used to remove my filters with.
It looks like this,
22768808.jpg

Worked perfectly. Sometimes we trip over solutions. :cool:

/ Fuel Filter change #6  
Ok replaced the oil and filter today no probelm..

Removed the fuel filter clean out some orange sediment out of the bowl.
replaced the fuel filter it, tried putting it back on --no way wont go on.
ran to the dealer for new o ring (large one) nothing wrong with the old one.
go home still the same problem --it wont scew back up kept at it and finally got it on --What did I miss??

What a day.
I never had that problem before.
Is there a trick to this?

I know this post is really old but I just had the same very frustrating experience…the sediment bowl won’t fit back into the housing. The bowl is plastic and it seems like any deviation from perfectly round precludes getting it back in. I’ve ordered a new one on Amazon but have little hope, really. It should be made of thick glass despite the breakage potential. 6 hours messing around with this over two days on a ford 1920. The biggest issue is access—it is half an inch from the oil filter…