Foton 404 Clutch replacement

/ Foton 404 Clutch replacement #1  

404Terry

Tractor
Foton 404
Hi, Can someone please tell me what the torque specs are for the clutch and the flywheel on a Ft-404.
The bell housing was listed in the book as 77.7, but no other data available for the flywheel to the crank
shaft and clutch pressure plate to the flywheel.

It's appreceated if you could help...
Thanks, Terry

/ Foton 404 Clutch replacement #2  
Measure the diameter of the bolt at the threads, not the head. Look at the head and it should have the bolt strength rating probably 8.8 or 10.8. Then google metric bolt torque table and match the diameter up with the strength and use that torque.

/ Foton 404 Clutch replacement #3  
If you have the service manual, check to see if there is a chart of standard torque values. These are used for anywhere a specific value is not listed.

Not all manuals have that information so you have to rely on torque tables from other sources. I usually try to check 2 or 3 different ones to make sure they all agree or are at least close. Thread pitch is also important to torque as generally you apply more torque to a fine thread. Bolt hardness and whether there is a nut on the other side or if it is threaded into some other structure is also a consideration in some circumstances.

/ Foton 404 Clutch replacement
Thank You, to all that replied.... your comments and help is appreciated!!!

In a way I was thinking of the bolt torque table, but was not sure if they actually would use less torque.... some times I think their castings are not as good as north american once...

Has anyone ever taken off the 4wheel drive shaft? I was wondering if I have to take it off front to back all the way. From an early look underneath, it looks like the rear comes off first - the rear cover slides forward ... and there is a pin that needs to be removed.... to actually slide the shaft itself. My question is does it disconnect in the center, almost where the transmission joins the bell housing or does it come off all the way to the front axle? Is this axle running in an oil bath or no oil leaks front and rear as I remove the shaft?

I got a nice little jack that will do the job perfectly.... and I made an alignment toll already to make it easy.

Cheers, Terry

Attachments

• IMG_6293[1].JPG
    IMG_6293[1].JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6283[1].JPG
    IMG_6283[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
   / Foton 404 Clutch replacement #5  
I don't know how yours specifically is set up but usually the shafts do not telescope, but the guard tube often does. Usually there's two sliding collars on the splines on the front and rear attached with roll pins or cotter pins. You remove those slide the spines away and drop the drive shaft down. There are also usually seals on the front differential housing and the mfwd drop box or hst housing on the transmission and the drive shaft uses grease on the splines but is not immersed in oil. Again I have no experience with your specific tractor but this is how they are usually set up

/ Foton 404 Clutch replacement
I don't know how yours specifically is set up but usually the shafts do not telescope, but the guard tube often does. Usually there's two sliding collars on the splines on the front and rear attached with roll pins or cotter pins. You remove those slide the spines away and drop the drive shaft down. There are also usually seals on the front differential housing and the mfwd drop box or hst housing on the transmission and the drive shaft uses grease on the splines but is not immersed in oil. Again I have no experience with your specific tractor but this is how they are usually set up

Thanks, that explains... it is one shaft with two sliders front and back, just the outer tube slides to be able to reach the sliding collars.
Thanks.....