Ford 600 high crop 1955

/ Ford 600 high crop 1955 #11  
Sounds like a 960 with a factor wide front to me.

3500$ is an 'ok' price. i paid 3500 for an 850 earlier this year as i needed it to mount a loader on..e tc.

I would have prefered a narrow front for collecting.. however.. wide front may be a better worker depending on what you are doing.

Soundguy

/ Ford 600 high crop 1955 #12  
By the way.. that model ID breakdown.. it's listed on the 2nd page of the service manual for that tractor.. still the more I read antique tractor sites.. the more I'm convinced that most people for some reason do not like to buy manuals ( why buy a multi thousand dollar hunk of iron.. and not a 20$ manual? ).. heck.. i got a stack of manuals for stuff I don't even own on my desk... I love having reference material to dig thru and read at lunch..

Of course.. the smell of diesel fumes excites me.. and a rusty tractor setting in a hedge row does too... (grin)

Soundguy

andrewj said:
And I imagine the details help most folks, since unlike me, most folks don't have access to THE Soundguy! I will keep calling as I want to ask about the highh crop aspect.

/ Ford 600 high crop 1955
Soundguy said:
By the way.. that model ID breakdown.. it's listed on the 2nd page of the service manual for that tractor.. still the more I read antique tractor sites.. the more I'm convinced that most people for some reason do not like to buy manuals ( why buy a multi thousand dollar hunk of iron.. and not a 20$ manual? ).. heck.. i got a stack of manuals for stuff I don't even own on my desk... I love having reference material to dig thru and read at lunch..

Of course.. the smell of diesel fumes excites me.. and a rusty tractor setting in a hedge row does too... (grin)

Soundguy

Soundguy, he said he went to a local NH tractor dealership and asked what he should charge, I know those guys over there and they are high as **** and think their stuff is made of gold or soemthing. They told him from 4500 to 6000 - I told him sure, if it was on their lot you'd see retail price, but person to person was different, and plus their value is off...

would anyone here pay 3500 (as I have described it)

just want to make sure my widow can get the money back someday!

/ Ford 600 high crop 1955 #14  
As I said.. 3500 for a 960 is an average deal.. If you waint a nd look around you can get cheaper... and i seenmore expensive too.

If I needed it to work... wide front is better option.. .. if it were me and i was collecting it.. I'd want narrow front.

960 has the beefy 172ci engine and live pto.

I paid 3500 for an 850 this january as i needed it to build a loader tractor... same 172 engine.. same 5 spd trans.. except mine is NOT live pto... mine is a factor ag/al purpose chassie.. so no hi-crop / rear gear reductions.. and no retrofit wide front.. etc..

Soundguy