Traction Ford 1910 Rear Differentail Lock

/ Ford 1910 Rear Differentail Lock #1  

sruman

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910
Can you adjust the rear diff lock?

I have a Ford 1910 that is behaving this way: If I press the diff lock pedal down, nothing happens. If I use my heel to lift it up, I can get it to lock, but then is will not disengage until I clutch and shift into reverse (or so it seems). Even if I raise with my heel, press all the way down with my foot, it still stays engaged.

Thoughts?

/ Ford 1910 Rear Differentail Lock #2  
It is probably sticking. It should return to disengaged position when the tires are moving the same speed. Use penetrating oil and spray the shaft where it goes into the housing. work the pedal up and down until it moves easily.
Gary

/ Ford 1910 Rear Differentail Lock #3  
I don't know, if you have to raise it a bit to make it engage, it sounds like the linkage is damaged. Normally you'd depress the pedal while the drive wheels are turning slowly. The pedal would stick in the down position until the drive wheels are moving the same speed again, or stopped. Then, the pedal would spring up on its own.
It sounds like something is bent or broken in the linkage. These are easy things to abuse.
Jim

/ Ford 1910 Rear Differentail Lock
Thanks, I've hit it with penetrating oil, and the pedal springs back and forth. It's not a show stopper, but I have to use my heel to lift up the pedal to engage. I'll keep tinkering with it. Hopefully, with some use, maybe it will break free eventually.
Thanks.