Oil & Fuel Ford 1715 Injection Pump Info

/ Ford 1715 Injection Pump Info #1  

BrentD

Silver Member
So I learned from my other thread about fuel mixing with the oil while the tractor isn't running that the seals on my injection pump need to be replaced. I know I need to pull the pump and send/take it (& probably the injectors for good measure) to someone that can overhaul injection pumps.

The questions I have are what type of injection pump is this, and how is it timed? I've been researching injection pumps, and everything I see points to the CAV or SIMS style pumps. Those all appear to be round units that bolt to the side of the engine and have covers that show timing marks. As you can see in the attached image, this pump looks like a module that sits down into the engine block. Is this pump timed by cam lobes in the engine, or do I need to look deeper for timing before I pull it? It looks like there are 4 bolts with captive washers that come out then the pump assembly pulls out. Is that correct?

I've completely rebuilt gas engines before, everything from lawnmower to 3400SFI (Worst GM Engine EVER!) but this is a tiny bit out of my comfort zone without more info.

So, oh wise ones, lend me your wisdom! ;)

Attachments

• Injection Pump Labeled.jpg
    Injection Pump Labeled.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 152
   / Ford 1715 Injection Pump Info #2  
From the look of the image, there is a roller tappet on the bottom end of the pump that may ride on the cam.

/ Ford 1715 Injection Pump Info
Got the pump out. Was incredibly simple. Had to undo a couple of things to move some hydraulic lines out of the way, but the pump itself is just 2 nuts, 2 bolts, plus the banjo bolt that holds the fuel line on, and it just lifts out. Once it's out far enough you can remove the hairpin that holds the governor arm on, and your done.