Farmtrac 555 stuck clutch

/ Farmtrac 555 stuck clutch #1  

damon73

Tractor
farmtrac 555 dtc
I have a farmtrac 555 dtc and it mostly sat all winter and when I went to use it in the spring it's clutch was stuck but I was able to get it into 1st then shift up to 4th and once it warmed up the clutch started working again. Well now I went to mow and the clutch won't disengage the PTO. Would changing the transmission oil help or make it worse. Anything else I can try, I was thinking run it for a while to warm up but didn't want to break anything.

/ Farmtrac 555 stuck clutch #2  
No changing the oil will not help. Will not disengage the PTO.???? Do you mean it will disengage the drive but not PTO . That is 2 stage clutch , pedal half way disengages PTO, all the way drive line and PTO. Yes just drive it around and that will usually unstick them. Block down over winter to keep from happening

/ Farmtrac 555 stuck clutch
Ya without any implements on it I can use the lever to make the pto shaft spin but even with the clutch completely down it would continue spinning, so when I tried to connect the brushhog I pressed the clutch then tried to engage the pto with the lever but you could hear the teeth grinding(even after waiting for like 30 secs with the pedal all the way down). Before it wouldn't disengage the drive but just using it the one time pretty much cleared that up, had one time it felt like it got stuck for a little but is fine now, does it mean that there is water or something in the clutch or that they are almost shot? I just want to make sure its not going to get worse, will do the blocking for the winter or any extended periods of no use. Thanks

/ Farmtrac 555 stuck clutch #4  
I wrote it backwards half way down disengage engine from driveline, all the way PTO and driveline. Probably corrosion because wear out it would not work rather than stay working. Unless of course iui t is throughout. Seeing how it works now just block it during long periods of disuse