Traction Engine Cutting Out

/ Engine Cutting Out #1  

lewaller

Tractor
New Holland
New Holland TC40DA, intermittent problem with engine cutting out? Starts OK, Select any Gear OK, depress clutch OK, Engage Gear OK, release clutch the Engine cuts out? This annoying intermittent problem is never there when the mechanic arrives? It will also cut out whilst traveling must be something to do with dam safety cut out??
Any ideas what I can do about it?
Lawrence

/ Engine Cutting Out #2  
I think the first thing I would do is to bypass the seat switch. If that's already done and it still cuts out, then wire 12 volts directly to the fuel cutoff solenoid to see if it is dropping out due to the safety circuits having a problem. With 12 volts wired directly to the solenoid, the tractor should not cut off. If it does, then you have a fuel feed problem somewhere between your tank and filter or filter and injector pump.

My guess is a loose wire in the operator safety circuit, probably the seat switch, but you'll have to troubleshoot and isolate that. Bypassing all safeties by jumpering 12 volts to the fuel solenoid is a quick way to verify the source as electrical or fuel clogging.