elcguy

/ elcguy #1  

Anonymous Poster

I need help on deciding on a JD 4100- Dealer price with loader; snowblower;tiller;and mower is $20500.00 or a Kubota BX2200 with the same options for $16500.00; another ag dealer here has a Cub Cadet 7305 for $20790.00. One exception is that the CUB dealer put Farm King attachments in the package. Are these any good?? These are all new machines. I realize these are not comparable machines. How do the New Holland TC tractors stack up . Also, which will have the best resale. The CUB is a dealer retiring so they want to sell it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

/ elcguy #2  
If you can get the Cub Cadet 7305 with a mower, snow blower, loader, and tiller for $20,790 you'd be remiss to turn it down no matter what brand of attachments are on it. The Cub Cadet will stack up against the JD, Kubota, or NH. Sir, what you have found is a Cub Cadet dealer that is an absolute fool, and I for one would take advantage of his foolishness before he wakes up from his coma and renigs on the offer.

/ elcguy #3  
I have a Cub 7234 with a FEL and it's an excellent machine. Parts don't seem to be a problem what few I have needed but the dealer in New Hampshire went out of business for some reason. If he sold all of his stuff the price he sold to me I can understand! I've used it for snow plowing for 4 or 5 winters now here in Maine, pulled trees, moved rocks, etc. and it has never had a problem. If you have any hills or slopes watch out though the C. G. (center of gravity) can get real touchy but I think all compacts have a similar problem. Good machine and I think probably more capable than a JD 770. I plow a long drive way uphill until I can get turned around, which is most of the drive, and I don't have loaded tires or extra weight. If I remember the 770 was a lighter machine. A friend has a 770 and he has weighted tires w/chains to plow, I haven't needed either. Take care and let us know what you buy.