Ego zero steer mower review

/ Ego zero steer mower review #31  
Chatted with the parents of my young mower operator last night who are quite happy he was being kept busy. In fact with "all this experience" he was was now mowing two more lawns in the area. I can't tell how tall the grass is when its been mowed but he's not used the original 4 battery's any lower than 45% remaining. His folks are going to switch him to diagonal mowing. That will throw a wrench into his psyche! 😂
So is the kid using your mower to mow the entire neighborhood?

45% then recharge is a good plan.

I'm not sure about diagonal mowing. However, on one of the lawns I mow, I try to estimate the center to start. I then mow about 2/3 the way across. Then start mowing circles around from there, always blowing my grass clippings towards the middle.

No stones or grass clippings being flung towards the road, parked cars, or neighbor houses.

/ Ego zero steer mower review #32  
Diagonal is fine. It's good to mow in a different pattern as often as possible so you don't compact and rut by driving in the same tracks every time.

/ Ego zero steer mower review
We are not asking "why mow diagonally" . That was an update on how the mowing was going at home.

Got home last night. My young mower operator says "the lowest batteries charge was 31% on Monday when I mowed." So its good I got 2 more 9amp hour battery's to add on. We'll only be home for 4 days so I'll need to mow before we head back northern MN again. I might need to have him over and show me how to operate in. :unsure: o_O :LOL:

/ Ego zero steer mower review #35  
So just curious - which Ego did you buy for him?

The first photo shows the one with the "yoke" controls, but the other photos show the traditional "bar" controls. I was looking at the yoke style for my older parents who have absolutely zero experience with a ZTR (see what I did there ;)).

So just curious - which Ego did you buy for him?

The first photo shows the one with the "yoke" controls, but the other photos show the traditional "bar" controls. I was looking at the yoke style for my older parents who have absolutely zero experience with a ZTR (see what I did there ;)).
We have the traditional 2 stick controls. The young fellow is the neighbor boy mowing for us. I'd suggest the yoke steering system for them.

Last edited:
   / Ego zero steer mower review #38  
Diagonal is fine. It's good to mow in a different pattern as often as possible so you don't compact and rut by driving in the same tracks every time.
That's how dad taught me. Rotation from one 'mowing session' to the other. Horizontal, Vertical, Diagonal, repeat.

I added in spiral on my own lawn. Now I don't have a 'lawn' and the flail does fine regardless of pattern.

Nice thread Arly. Hope all is well in No. MN. It's been a while since I've been up that far. Was in SF for dad's funeral in April.

I mowed with the Ego for a few minutes today and found steerage fairly difficult, more than skid steers are.. So I need more practice! The neighbor kid at work on it, who was better than me.. We reduced its tries PSI a bit today.
ego407.jpg
ego411.jpg