dyeing your pond

/ dyeing your pond
the white ducks swam thru the concentrated area yesterday.
i checked them this morning and they were still white, not a trace of blue.

still trying to post pics ( if the file is too large {3meg camera} will it not load????)

/ dyeing your pond #12  
There is a 150k size limit on the pictures for posting. If you have a 3meg picture file, its probably too large for viewing here, anyway (It would only display a small part over the entire screen, as if the picture was 4 or 5 times larger than your monitor/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif). If you open your file in a picture editor, first see what size it is (probably in the 1600x1200 range, or even bigger). Use your software of choice to reduce the size, save the file and see how big it is now. To give you an idea of the "right"size for a picture, my monitor is set to 1024x768, so a picture at 600x400 would be roughly one quarter of my screen - probably a reasonable size.

/ dyeing your pond #13  
Paul, the local stores sell tons of aquashade around my home in Michigan. I used to buy it myself and put it in my now-defunct pond. I never saw it priced higher than $39 a gallon. Sometimes it was even on sale for less. My pond dried up and I no longer need it. You can see pictures of my sad pond in the photos forum titled "JD650 and more". Oh yeah, now that I think of it, the John Deere, being just sold, is now sort of defunct also.
Jerry

/ dyeing your pond #14  
The guy I mail ordered it from was in Michigan. It was the best price I could find on the web that day. Most of the other prices were over $65/gallon. Probably because they know guys like me can't get it in NYS, so they are trying to get a premium. I thought that the price was good enough. There gets to be apoint where looking for a better price costs you more in time than you will eventually save /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif. Like THEY say, better is the enemy of good enough/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ dyeing your pond #15  
Paul, I checked the mail order company that I am familiar with (www.thepondguy.com). He's selling an 'aquashade' competitor for about $35 plus shipping. I also did a search on the web and found an aquashade source for the price you mentioned. Maybe the price went up on this stuff. I have'nt bought any for about a year. I'll keep my eyes open for a cheaper mail order source and let you know.

Also, regarding competing products, they sell other pond dyes around here that are supposed to do the same thing as aquashade. They are usually about $5 cheaper. I never used one of the knock-offs so I can't recommend one.

Jerry