Does the label matter?

/ Does the label matter? #1  

Michael_S

Tractor
Kubota L3830
I need to give my baby her 150 hr. service. Can't afford to go all synthetic this time around, so I was planning on using Delo 400 in the engine and, here is the question, should I use the Kubota UTD or a generic brand hydro fluid?
The generic stuff is of course, less money. About 30% cheaper. Is it a case of getting what I pay for, or does it matter?
Thanks

/ Does the label matter? #2  
Whew, this topic has resulted in some very long discussions in the past. I guess the short answer is that the generic is just fine as long as it meets the same specifications as the UDT. Now how you're going to know that for sure, I don't know. When I bought the '95 B7100, the Operator's Manual specified UDT or . . ., and named 6 or 7 other brands specifically. Now my B2710 manual only specifies UDT or Super UDT. Surprisingly enough, I talked to one Kubota dealer who said they never use the Kubota hydraulic oil unless a customer specifically asks for it; they use a cheaper one (not the dealer from whom I bought my tractors/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif). Personally, the cost difference wasn't enough to make me take any chances. I used the UDT until I changed to Amsoil./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Does the label matter? #3  
Bird

Where are you buying your Amsoil down in Navarro County?

Randy

/ Does the label matter? #4  
Randy, I just ordered the Amsoil direct off their web site.