Diverter

/ Diverter #1  

tlbuser

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD310, ASV RC-100
Next project. I bought a 1973 JD 350B track loader w 4n1 bucket (ANTIQUE according to one member here :rolleyes:) Got a line on a model 93 backhoe for it. Can I use an electric diverter to split between the 4n1 function and the backhoe or ?? I believe it's a 23 gpm open center system.

/ Diverter #2  
Not sure exactly how the 4n1 is plumbed, but a diverter sounds less than optimal to operate a BH. If the machine was setup to add a BH originally then there should be a better way to tap into the hydraulic to run the BH. You would also need to find a very large diverter to flow 23 GPM!

/ Diverter
The 4n1 is routed through a third spool which is the attachment control. Not exactly sure how a dealer would route the backhoe circuit. All I have right now is a picture showing a handle for a diverter, but my machine doesn't have a cut-out for one.

/ Diverter #4  
Is that third spool seperate and by itself? Or part of another valve? Either way...are the IN and OUT hoses that feed the valve accessable? How many hoses are on the valve now?

/ Diverter
It's part of a stack valve arrangement. I think there are only two hoses leaving this section. I'll have to double check that though.

/ Diverter #6  
Two possible options I have without seeing pictures:

1. Identify the maker of the valve and see if you can add another section
2. If you can get to the IN and OUT ports of the entire stack then you could plumb the BH in series with the existing valves.