Traction Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country

/ Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country #1  

sksmsllc

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TC48DA 4x4
I have spent 5 of the last 6 weekends hauling back and forth my TC48 from Mississippi to the Ozark Mountains prepearing for Bear and Deer Season. It's been a lot of work but very rewarding. The bigest difference in working the tractor in the mountains is the steep terrain and lots of rocks which make for very dangerous going.

Weekend 1: chainsaw and cut and pushed with loader 2 miles of "IceStorm Clogged" national forrest roads with Tractor and Chainsaw.

Weekend 2: Rest

Weekend 3: Brush Hog Roads and overgrown Food Plots.

Weekend 4: Disk Food Plots and Plant Durrana Clover

Weekend 5: Set out Bear Barrel and Bait and Game Cameras

Weekend 6: Hunt

MS Deer:
http://C:\Documents and Settings\Adam Steen\My Documents\My Pictures\deer 158[/IMG

AR Bear:
[IMG]http://c:\documents and settings\adam steen\desktop\ar bears.odt

Last edited:
   / Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country #2  
you need to upload that pic as an attachment to the forums or otherwise host it on the internets :thumbsup:

/ Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country
Truck and tractor

Attachments

• image-833527188.jpg
    image-833527188.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 194
   / Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country #4  
Wow, that road needs some preventative maintenance. I've uploaded two PDF files (hopefully) that show how to install some simple diversion bars made from used conveyor belts that you can pick up at a quarry. I've designed these to be installed on field roads for farmers. I'm an engineer, not a contractor so I can't give you specifics on the actual installation, but it is fairly simple. You can probably dig the channel with your bucket if the soil is loose enough. The beauty of this system is that the conveyor belt will flex down when you drive over it or scrape over it with a blade. Very nice for northern driveways where we have to deal with snow. They work well to divert the water off of the barren road, where the water creates channels and erodes the soil. Note the spacing table on the first sheet.

Attachments

• brochure1.pdf
    356.9 KB · Views: 152
  • brochure2.pdf
    294.1 KB · Views: 125
   / Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country #5  
What parts of the ozarks are you hunting??.I have land there too in the north part of Izard county. Jy

/ Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country #6  
Wow, that road needs some preventative maintenance. I've uploaded two PDF files (hopefully) that show how to install some simple diversion bars made from used conveyor belts that you can pick up at a quarry. I've designed these to be installed on field roads for farmers. I'm an engineer, not a contractor so I can't give you specifics on the actual installation, but it is fairly simple. You can probably dig the channel with your bucket if the soil is loose enough. The beauty of this system is that the conveyor belt will flex down when you drive over it or scrape over it with a blade. Very nice for northern driveways where we have to deal with snow. They work well to divert the water off of the barren road, where the water creates channels and erodes the soil. Note the spacing table on the first sheet.
Welcome aboard and very good erosion control information, I'm going to start looking for some conveyer belting as I have several spots to give it a try.

/ Differnce between Ozark Mountains and Mississippi Hill Country #7  
Thanks for the welcome. I've been getting info on this site for some time, but recently joined. I posted two pics of a farm field lane done a few years ago below. Here is a link to a gallery showing a few more pictures:
Message - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery

Attachments

• DSCF0083.JPG
    DSCF0083.JPG
    555.8 KB · Views: 273
  • May15G.JPG
    May15G.JPG
    637.7 KB · Views: 251