Difference between Honda Pioneer 700 and the Deluxe model?

/ Difference between Honda Pioneer 700 and the Deluxe model? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
I've been keeping my eyes open for a Honda Pioneer 520 - either new or used in very good condition. I think the smaller size would suit my needs better (when doing heavier work, I'd probably be on my tractor).

However, I'm also considering the Honda Pioneer 700 models. I doubt I'll go that big, but if I do, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the regular and the deluxe model other than the Deluxe having electric power steering and a transmission able to switch between automatic and manual paddle shift? (The regular 700 appears to be manual steering and automatic transmission only.)

Last edited:
   / Difference between Honda Pioneer 700 and the Deluxe model? #2  
Hey John, I’m not familiar enough with the P700 to answer your questions.
But, these guys sure can;

If you have any P500/P520 questions, I’m sure I could be of assistance.

I really like my P520. Prices and availability should be improving dramatically over the next several months.

Mike

/ Difference between Honda Pioneer 700 and the Deluxe model?
Hey John, I’m not familiar enough with the P700 to answer your questions.
But, these guys sure can;

If you have any P500/P520 questions, I’m sure I could be of assistance.

I really like my P520. Prices and availability should be improving dramatically over the next several months.

Mike
Availability of the 520 is a problem in my area right now. I can't get any dealers in the area to let me even place an order for one. All they'll do is say "We'll let you know if/when we get one in."

I've found one used for sale a few hours drive from me with only a few hundred miles on it. The owner's selling price is identical to the list price I come up with when running it through the Honda website and plugging in all the option he has on it.

/ Difference between Honda Pioneer 700 and the Deluxe model? #4  
^^^^
I paid full MSRP, plus fees for my ‘22 P520 this past April. That seems to be the norm. I’m not surprised by the pre-owned price being close or at MSRP for a low mileage unit.

Although, there have been rumors circulating that some dealers, that have stock available, are giving small discounts. Personally, I’ve seen no evidence of this and it certainly isn’t the case in my area.

I’d try calling around to other dealers outside of your area to check on inventory and/or if you can get on a list. My dealer, here in Washington, took my information and called when a P520 became available and that’s the one I purchased.

Mike

/ Difference between Honda Pioneer 700 and the Deluxe model? #5  
I've been keeping my eyes open for a Honda Pioneer 520 - either new or used in very good condition. I think the smaller size would suit my needs better (when doing heavier work, I'd probably be on my tractor).

However, I'm also considering the Honda Pioneer 700 models. I doubt I'll go that big, but if I do, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the regular and the deluxe model other than the Deluxe having electric power steering and a transmission able to switch between automatic and manual paddle shift? (The regular 700 appears to be manual steering and automatic transmission only.)

I think the Deluxe also had aluminum wheels vs steel.

We have a base 700 that we use to run around the property. I added aftermarket power steering at my wife's request. I sometimes wish ours had manual shifting but there's only three gears so there's not a lot of shifting to be done. And the automatic trans works pretty well.

The one drawback to the 700 for our use is the locked rear diff. We use it on paved roads more than I'd expected and the locked diff wears out tires fast. I put less mud oriented tires than stock on and they last longer.

We test drove a 500 and its transmission was really jerky. My wife immediately nixed that. The extra size of the 700 has come in handy a lot and we've never wished it was smaller.