Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar

/ Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
Hello,

Picked up a loader and backhoe, i have a lot of blown over trees and tree work i need to do, i was planning to get a piranha bar, then learned about debris Forks which seems to be a much better option, I don't own enough land for a grapple. that said does anyone own both? i have a backhoe, so im not sure how much digging i need from the loader, I do need to do about 60 tons of gravel though.

If anyone can share some opinions etc, i really don't want to be taking off the Piranha bar to use the debris forks and etc...

/ Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar #2  
I take off my PTB to put on my clamp on forks.
2 bolts and only a few minutes.
PTB for digging and rooting bushes.
Don;t have debris forks.

/ Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar #3  
I made my own Piranha style tooth bar. We have done a LOT of gravel work, site prepping work. It scrapes and digs in well plus protects the bucket edge. I never take it off the bucket. I can see the value of debris forks too. I would keep in mind your tractor's size as far as doing much rooting with it. That is unless you have a different rig than what you have in your profile. These small tractors don't have much break out force when it comes down to rooting.

/ Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar
I made my own Piranha style tooth bar. We have done a LOT of gravel work, site prepping work. It scrapes and digs in well plus protects the bucket edge. I never take it off the bucket. I can see the value of debris forks too. I would keep in mind your tractor's size as far as doing much rooting with it. That is unless you have a different rig than what you have in your profile. These small tractors don't have much break out force when it comes down to rooting.

i don't care about rooting with the loader, i will use the hoe to dig out stumps, will gravel be any issue without the tooth bar?

/ Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar #5  
Debris Forks are flat, hence pick up a lot of dirt with the debris.
Check out 22" length Manure Forks which have round tines. Much less dirt picked up with debris.

LINK: Multi-Spear Ultra Fork

I prefer short (36" - 38") Pallet Forks for transporting debris but I have the lift capacity to occasionally use the forks to move half loaded pallets.

For corralling tree debris you cannot beat a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment. Few attachments are as useful as the Ratchet Rake on 2,000 pound bare weight tractors. When you want to push over 2" saplings a Ratchet Rake or PTB will give you the trunk grip which an unadorned bucket lacks. NOTE: You cannot dig with the FEL bucket with Ratchet Rake attached.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ratchet+rake+brush

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 197
  • fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 519
  • fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 431
  • DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 189
  • DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 229
  • fullsizeoutput_183.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_183.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 221
  • fullsizeoutput_1a7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1a7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 215
  • DSC00694.JPG
    DSC00694.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
   / Debris Forks Vs Piranha Bar #6  
Will gravel be an issue without the tooth bar?

Gravel should not be an issue for the unadorned FEL bucket but you will need ample Three Point Hitch counterbalance mounted or the rear wheels will come off the ground. I suggest 400 - 500 pounds TPH counterbalance.

Your Backhoe will be ample counterbalance.

I will use the hoe to dig out stumps.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mahindra+max+26+xlt+backhoe

T-B-N ARCHIVE: Mahindra Max stumps site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Last edited: