Dash lite on

/ Dash lite on #1  

Maxwelltr*

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
My 2610 Kioti has a new dash lite on that I need some help with. The lite is the first one in the bank of lites to the left of the steering column. It looks like a backwards and forward capital "L"
The manual states this is a brakes engaged lite but doesn't explain what is wrong or what to do. Any ideas?

/ Dash lite on #2  
Can you upload a picture of the light so we get a better idea of what you're describing?

/ Dash lite on #3  
Ok, I believe you're describing the Split brake light. Basically, looks something like this: _| |_

On most tractors, you have two brake pedals, usually connected together with a metal tab/rod behind the pedals. When unlocked, you can brake each side individually (left or right) to aid when turning really sharp. When locked, you lock both pedals together, basically turning it into a big and wide pedal that controls both left and right brakes.

Now back to the light, in some European countries, like Germany for instance, it's required to have that light on the dashboard working, to warn the operator that the pedals are unlocked. This is important, because let's say you're driving on the road and for some reason you need to do an emergency stop and need to slam on the brakes, you then press the brake pedal, but if they're unlocked, you can lock the brakes on one side only, which can cause a very bad accident, specially if you're pulling a trailer or something.

Last edited: