D35 Reviews and Prices

/ D35 Reviews and Prices #1  

Green_Center

Bronze Member
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a new D35. I was wondering if any current D35 owners would be willing to share to their ownership experience. I would also like to know what a good price is for the D35.

I will be using it for snow plowing, mowing, hauling, and other assorted stuff.

Thanks for your info.

/ D35 Reviews and Prices #2  
My brother has a D35, we have a D40. The 35 has over 200 hours, the 40 around 150. The only issue with both tractors, is the shuttle lever had a roll pin back out on both of them. The good news it was easy to tap it back in, and there was a spring retaining ring that was there but not in place, so it should not happen again.

The tractors, 150 miles apart in the NY snow belt, have similar attachments:

D35- L160 loader, quick coupler, pallet forks, power angle snow blade,72" finish mower, 72" rotary cutter, 65" box blade, 2 bottom plow, 3 point disk, 3 point carrier.

D40- L160 loader, quick coupler, pallet forks, 3 point snow blower, 72" finish mower, 72" rotary cutter, 72" box blade,
post hole auger, 3 point hydraulic sickle mower, dump trailer.

The D35 is used on 33 hilly and wooded acres. He replaced an IH284 and it has good power, great visibility, and nice shifting. Accessories include a folding ROPS, deluxe hitch, remote valve, RH Step and Toolbox, and bucket hook.

The D40 also has 3 toolboxes, (D series rectangular, DX Molded, and a chain box under the LH Step).

If you get a loader, get the quick coupler plate. You can buy or rent forks and will wonder how you ever got along without them. You can easily remove the bucket when working in tight areas also.

These size tractors are very versatile, and easy to change attachments by yourself. They are big enough to do a tremendous amount of work, but handy enough to mow the lawn (1.5 acres). Next implements on the "wish list" are a 3 point hitch skidder winch, and a chipper.