Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2

/ Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2 #1  

SNolan01

Tractor
Cub Cadet
Please help,
I bought this Zero Turn new less than 3 years ago, I have had absolutely no issues since the purchase and now have about 140hrs on it, FYI it has the Kawasaki fv691v 23hp.
I’ve never had a starting issue whatsoever whether it’s cold or hot until just the other day when I was mowing my yard, I completed about 2.5 acres out of 3+ and stopped to go get something to drink and climb back on the mower and all it did was click at the starter selenoid, replaced selenoid.same problem. I checked wire harness no issue, I believe the starter just quit without warning because I tried jumping it and all it does is make a slight noise and then nothing. I removed starter and tried to get to work and the most I got was it spun real slow for just a bit and quit, I’ve never had anything work so well and without any Previous issues I shut it off to get something to drink and that was the last time it ran. Has anyone experienced anything like this on their Kawasaki mower motor? Thank you

/ Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2 #2  
Welcome to TBN. Kawasaki starters do well, but like anything else mechanical can let you down. So yes, if you bench tested the starter with a known good battery and cables- you'll need a new one or that one gone through. Though, maybe a magnet came loose from the housing.

/ Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2
Thank you Sir for your response, I’ve done checked just about everything, keep in mind the first thing I checked was the battery when it quit turning over, my charger said it was ok, now after a week of reading and checking I noticed after checking the continuity of the wiring harness and hooked battery back up I was only getting 10 volts, put the new charger on it and it said the same thing, Now I have my Son headed the 30 miles into town to get the battery checked at advanced auto and replace it if is truly Bad, if it turns out all this time it was the Battery after all I’m going to really be happy if it fixes the issue or really 🤬.

/ Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2
FYI,
update on the issue with my Cub Cadet Ultima zt2 starter issue was the Battery after all,
P.S my battery tester is now in the Trash Lol

/ Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2 #5  
That's why I keep a battery load tester.
Inexpensive and I can quickly see what the battery is doing under load

/ Cub Cadet Ultima series zt2 #6