Cub Cadet sponsored Race Car

/ Cub Cadet sponsored Race Car #1  

Richard001

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jd lx178
Here is a photo taken from a screen shot of the Xfinity race at Watkins Glenn, NY on August 20, 2022

Cub Cadet Car 54 at Watkns Glenn Race track 8-20-2022.jpg

If I remember correctly, this car won.

Now you know where the money goes that you spend on the new Cub Cadet tractor. Their (the company) is not spending the money on improving the tractor.

Richard

/ Cub Cadet sponsored Race Car #2  
The age old question of whether advertising is worth it.

Example: You can build one widget for $1000 and sell it for $1100, but you can build two for $1500 (since you have paid for all the tooling and design on the first.) However, you can't sell two unless someone other than your neighbor knows about it. So you spend $100 for advertising and sell two for $900 each. The customers save $100 each and you make $200 more. Efficiency of scale.

How often does it work out that way? Who knows, but a lot of smart people spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

/ Cub Cadet sponsored Race Car #3  
Interesting question for sure. I can tell you about commercials I see on TV that I think are funny but very seldom can I tell you what products thety advertise. Same with NASCAR today. I know very few of the drivers anymore and haven't a clue whio the sponsers or for many of them.

/ Cub Cadet sponsored Race Car #4  
The number 54 car driven by Ty Gibbs came in 27th at the Glen. Monster Energy, Interstate Batteries and Sport Clips divided the primary sponsorship for the 54 car for the 2022 season. They each paid for a certain number of races and there were some races left over as unsponsored. When they aren't the primary sponsor their logos show on the car in the affiliate sponsor spaces. Companies can then pay to be the major sponsor of the car for one race, which is what this looks like.

In the lower tier series such as Xfinity and the Camping World Trucks a one time race sponsor isn't that expensive. DeWALT is a Joe Gibbs Racing sponsor. Stanley Black & Decker, which owns DeWALT and MTD, which makes Cub Cadet, worked out a deal for one race. The company get perks such as pit passes, photo ops with the driver and car, and ball caps with the company name and car number on them. The companies use it as an employee event, bring a bunch of employees to the race, everybody gets a cap, have a big cookout, and watch the race. They also get to use the car image in their marketing campaign. The car chassis is reused so at the next road race it will have someone else's name in the primary spot.