Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help

/ Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help #1  

NewSC2400

Tractor
Cub Cadet SC2400
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Cub Cadet SC2400. When I was looking over the tractor everything seemed to be working fine, but the seller kept on saying "The tractor is sold as is". Anyways I was able to lift the front end of the tractor with the loader when I purchased it. Now for the life of me if I try to lift the tractor with the loader maybe 5% of the time the loader will lift it, the other 95% of the time nothing. I checked the hydraulic fluid level and the pump does load up, but won't lift the front off the ground. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

/ Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help #2  
If the bucket is level it may not have enough reach to lift the front end. You may have to roll the bucket away from you to get the lip in contact with the ground to give it a bit more height.

/ Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help
It doesn't matter if bucket is curled or not. If the bucket edge is on the ground, I have 3 to 4 inches of the cylinder rod exposed. With the bucket flat on the ground I have about 1 or 2 inches of the cylinder rod exposed and still no lift. Thinking I'm getting blow by past the cylinder piston.

/ Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help #4  
Is your tractor in neutral so free to roll. Sometimes the HST transmission will not allow tractor to roll forward preventing the loader from lifting the front end.

if loader lifts fine it usually not cylinders leaking since seals are typically the same for lift and lower.

/ Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help #5  
You probably do not have enough hydro fluid.
To check the hydro fluid level properly:
The dipstick is unscrewed, wipe clean the put the dipstick in but do not screw it in.
The dipstick must be placed on top of the hydro fill tube to get the proper fluid level.
You must use Cub Cadet / Yanmar hydro fluid

Cub Cadet: Hydraulic / Transmission Fluid - One Gallon, Part # 737-3062

Amazon.com : FLUID HYDR/TRANS 1 GAL : Lawn Mower Pulleys : Patio, Lawn & Garden

https://www.ccpartsnmore.com/m5/737-3062--fluid-hydr-trans-1-gal.html

/ Cub Cadet SC2400 FEL Help #6  
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a Cub Cadet SC2400. When I was looking over the tractor everything seemed to be working fine, but the seller kept on saying "The tractor is sold as is". Anyways I was able to lift the front end of the tractor with the loader when I purchased it. Now for the life of me if I try to lift the tractor with the loader maybe 5% of the time the loader will lift it, the other 95% of the time nothing. I checked the hydraulic fluid level and the pump does load up, but won't lift the front off the ground. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
Ckd the 4 quick disconnects on the right side, ck the inside of each fitting, you most likely have the old style connectors with the small cone shape piece on the male side, Yanmar updated the style of fitting because of issues with this style, when inspecting look at the small spring that might be bent, out of shape, or possible cracked, cone should be centered all the time, also any damage to the cone, ck other side also, If when you disconnect them and oil comes out, you will need to replace the fitting, both of them,