Cub cadet RZT left side slower

/ Cub cadet RZT left side slower #1  

qstott

Silver Member
Tractor
'65 110 JD, 445 JD, 4720CabJD
I think this a fairly common concern. I’ve searched but can’t seem just the right answer. This RZT50 left motor is tracking a little to the left. It has been gently used with about 200 hrs. With both handles forward it will track to the left. I can keep it straight with no problem by pulling back on the right slightly. I’m hoping it’s an adjustment issue. I can find info on other brand mowers for adjustment, but not specifically this one. Anyone have an answer for me? Thanks!

/ Cub cadet RZT left side slower #2  
Are the levers both centered properly when stationary? Typically adjustments affect all positions not just full speed. The adjustments should be on the linkage between control levers and hydrostat.

/ Cub cadet RZT left side slower #3  
IIRC RZT50's forward adjustment stop is on the right lever near the pivot and easy to spot. Look for a bolt with a locknut and back it out accordingly to let the left motor keep up. btw, my RZT50 was a '06 and I passed it on in fine shape after a decade of mowing 1 1/2+ ac. My nieghbor mows 1/2 AC with a '07 lately.

Last edited:
   / Cub cadet RZT left side slower #4  
Believe every zero turn I’ve ever operated did that to some extent, slight adjustment might help but if it’s not a big problem I wouldn’t worry about it.

/ Cub cadet RZT left side slower
Thanks for the suggestions. The mower is located at a friend of mines home. I only get a chance to get by there once to twice a month. I’ll check next time I’m there.

/ Cub cadet RZT left side slower #6  
It's worth a look at the fluid level and to ensure that both bypass rods are in drive mode. From there it may be your adjustment. Strangely enough though, your drive belt can be a factor. I've seen it before. Doesn't matter what it looks like. If you feel your adjustments are good and it just seems a bit weak, install a new OEM belt and possibly idler pulley. The left seems to be affected more by a worn or oiled belt.