Oil & Fuel Cub Cadet 525 Oil LIght On - Why?

/ Cub Cadet 525 Oil LIght On - Why? #1  

mjtheriault

Tractor
Cub Cadet 5252
Hi -

I'm hoping someone can help me. I just picked up a used CC 5252 just to work around the house (nothing major). It only had 250 hrs on it. Yesterday, I washed it and after I washed it, the oil light came on. I let it sit for an hour and then checked the oil level. Everything looks great there...the oil level was showing in the correct range. Any thoughts on what I should check next?

Mike

/ Cub Cadet 525 Oil LIght On - Why? #2  
Lets start with a couple of things.. The oil light is not an oil level light it is a oil pressure light. You could have a crankcase full of oil and a defective oil pump with no pressure and the light would be lit to alert you to that. Does the engine knock when it runs to indicate low oil pressure? I am guessing it runs fine. Somewhere on the engine there is an oil pressure sender. You need to locate that. The most likely scenario is you either knocked the wire off of the oil pressure sender or damaged it with the pressure washer. We hear a lot of these electrical problems after using a pressure washer on a tractor.

/ Cub Cadet 525 Oil LIght On - Why?
Thanks James...appreciate the education. My first time owning a tractor of sorts. I'll check out the oil pressure sender tonight and update.

/ Cub Cadet 525 Oil LIght On - Why?
Just an update...I started my tractor last night and the oil light is no longer on. Not sure what the deal was, but I'm ok for now.

/ Cub Cadet 525 Oil LIght On - Why? #5  
Just an update...I started my tractor last night and the oil light is no longer on. Not sure what the deal was, but I'm ok for now.

Water dried up on the connection to the sender.