Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523?

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #1  

iluvdez

After much research, we've decided to buy a new Cub Cadet instead of a used JD. Hubby is really set on a hydraulic lift...is it really worth the extra $500 for the 3204 instead of the 2523, since they appear to be almost exactly alike except for the hydraulic lift (and power steering)?

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #2  
On their web sire appears the 2523 model is priced with the mower deck, while the 3204 says does not include optional mower deck.
I would say there is a big difference in these two tractors. The weight would tell a big difference, although they don't list, maybe an e-mail to find out.
If the only difference was the power steering and hyd lift, my opinion is that it is well worth $500. If you ever put a push blade on, the hyd should be used for it also.

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523?
Steve -
You really are on top of all the discussions. : - )
Thanks for all your good feedback. I've sent hubby
on a fact-finding mission at the local Cub Cadet dealer and
we'll see how much it will REALLY cost to get the 3204...luckily there is a 'no interest till Apr 2005' offer - makes it easier to
come up with the total cost over a year's time rather than right NOW, since the 2003 tax return isn't going to cover the bases for this size of tractor. So guys, how will my hubby stay sane while staring at his new toy in the garage, knowing that the two feet of snow melting away and the grass growing is MONTHS away? Maybe he should drive it back and forth from the mailbox till then, just to get his 'fix'?

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #4  
<font color="red"> You really are on top of all the discussions </font>

Kinda slow right now(work). It will pick up soon enough!

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So guys, how will my hubby stay sane while staring at his new toy in the garage, knowing that the two feet of snow melting away and the grass growing is MONTHS away? )</font>

Just remember to run out to him some food and water every day or so while he sits on it in the garage! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif He'll be a happy camper until then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #6  
The 3204 has a shaft driven deck. The 2523 uses a electric clutch on the front of the engine to drive a belt that twists down and back to the deck.

To many twists and turns in my opinion. Has to be hard on the belts.

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #7  
iluvdez,

The real good thing for you guys is that for 2004 you are paying less and geting 3 more HP than I, and I bought mine last year /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You will like your machine no doubt...you will find posts by me on this forum regarding this machine...all good , just some little tweaks which enhance an already nice machine..

Keep us posted....

Ducati

P>S There is a substantial difference between the machines and weight is one of them (800 lbs without deck on 3204)
The chassis is 9 guage and adds to the srength of the machine
All attachments are shaft drive and quick couplers- NICE feature...I added some snow shots!!

Cub3204 SnowBlower

Cub 3204 Snow Blower

GREAT info on this discussion page - thanks! We just bought the first 2004 3204 that the local dealer rec'd (for $4999), and he also gave us a nice trade-in amount on our 11 year old White. Speaking of trade-ins and cost...since the trade-in amount we were given was decent, we didn't even try to dicker the sticker cost. Was that a mistake? I heard somewhere that 10% off is common, but from what the sales rep was telling us, their profit margin is fairly small (like maybe $500 a machine, which IS 10% on this 3204). Could we have gotten it for less? (it's kinda masochistic to even ask at this point, isn't it...)

/ Cub Cadet 3204 vs 2523? #9  
you got a good deal and with trade in that should help off-set any sales taxes paid...

Thanks! With trade-in and after tax, our total bill was $4500, so we're pretty happy campers. We were considering paying $3900 for a similiar sized JD with 550 hours on it so this ended up being a much better deal.