Price Check Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25???

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #1  

JamiDoug

Hello,

I visited a dealer this morning in Central Ohio to get a quote on a Cub Cadet 7264. He quoted the 4x4 hydro tractor, 48" FEL, and 60" mid-mount deck for $15,849. The FEL and mower are both cub brands. To move up to the 7284 model, it would be $800 more.

We're trying to decide between the Cub and the Agco ST25 with Hydro from a different dealer. The Agco is $16,800 with equivalent FEL and mid-mount mower.

The Cub dealer is closest, very helpful, but we've never done business with them. The Agco dealer is twice as far away, but has an excellent reputation with my Dad for sales and service.

The New Holland, Case, and Kubota were priced higher and out of our price range by a couple $k.

We'll be making a purchase at the end of April. What does everyone think? Decisions...decisions!!!

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #2  
That's a silly question to add in the CC forum. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Cub of course!

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #3  
How about a 2615 mahindra, This is the same machine as the cub just in a different color (red) Check it out on there web site.
You will be very suprised on how much of an impact Mahindra is making on the tractor market!
If you want a price on a machinePlease contact me and I will be more than happy to give you one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25???
My concern with the Mahindra is the weight. The specs online list it's operating weight at 2458 lbs. That's 500 lbs more than the Cub and 950 lbs more than the Agco.

Is 2458 lbs correct? Maybe it's not an apples to apples comparison. Any thoughts?

Doug

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #5  
The Mahindra is a bigger tractor. I don't have the specs right in front of me, but the Cub is a subcompact.

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #6  
Sorry I had the model no. wrong /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #7  
I got my 7264 TLB in Oct. '03.
I think at the time the Dlr. was selling the tractor and loader for 13,900.
Given the mm 60's are about 1800 ( I think) , your price sounds about right.
I did check out Agco before I bought but liked the Cub better.
It's been a great tractor thus far. I think you'll like it.
GrayBeard

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #8  
"Cub Cadet 7264. He quoted the 4x4 hydro tractor, 48" FEL, and 60" mid-mount deck for $15,849"

I got a quote on the same tractor about a month ago for $14,900. I ended up buying a Mahindra 2615, didn't like the plastic fenders on the Cub 7264. The Mahindra Is heavier but I figured that might help with traction. (better use of H.P.)
Sorry can't help on the AGCO.

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25???
Thanks for the response!

I'm just curious. What will be the primary use for your tractor? My primary use will be mowing, then general landscaping and driveway maintenance.

You're right, the extra weight will come in handy and now you have me reconsidering the Mahindra. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does anyone have any insight as to a practical maximum weight of a tractor if it will primarily be used for mowing? I know tires will be a determining factor. More than likely, I'll be going with the R4 Industrial tires. The turf tires worry me if I'm going to be pushing/pulling hard in anything very wet and/or muddy.

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Doug

/ Cub 7264 Price vs Agco ST25??? #10  
Weight for mowing is no real benifet. HP is. What type of dirt do you have? A tractor will damage grass over sandy land much easier then hard dry clay.

I have clay with some sand. I mowed the past few years with a 8N with filled tires and a 6' RFM. I estimate its weight at 3200#. This time or the year it would leave a few bars in the soft spots. The front tires would leave scares in sharp turns.

I have mowed twice with my Mahindra 2615 plus FEL this year. I estimate its weight at 3000#. So far the narrow anti-scalping wheels have left more marks than the R4s. In a week or 2 the ground will firm up enough to leave no marks.

Good luck with your choice. I recomend you shop the dealers and tractors. Limit the dealers after you have a list of tractors that fit your needs. Find a dealer you like and buy his tractor.