Oil & Fuel CT335 starved for fuel, maybe not...

/ CT335 starved for fuel, maybe not... #1  

demoman357

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335, Case 480C
My 10-year old CT335 with 560 hours on it has developed a weird problem. I am losing power when engaging PTO-driven implements. History: ran out of fuel. Replaced fuel filter and had to bleed the fuel lines of air to get it running right. Hook up the finish mower and hit the grass only to experience about a 1000 rpm drop. Disengage the PTO and it has full power again. When it would lose power the rpm would fluctuate and after about 4 seconds return to normal. Fuel delivery problem was my first thought. Just enough blockage to be a problem a high rpm and PTO engaged under power. I did check the mower for strange resistance but it was normal. I then when up a long hill in medium gear without the PTO and everything is fine again. Engage PTO and the rpm stays up. Move as slow as possible in low gear and immediate power loss again

ANY IDEAS?

/ CT335 starved for fuel, maybe not... #2  
Not knowing your machine, these are basic checks..
A blockage at the fuel tank outlet.. U can pull a line off at the fuel filter & check the flow..
Floaters in the tank..
A partial plugged vent in the cap on the fuel tank.. Loosen the cap & run it..
Supply pump going bad.. not supplying enough fuel to the inj. pump when called for..
Air flow.. run it w/o the filter JUST TO CHECK..
Good luck

/ CT335 starved for fuel, maybe not... #3  
Make sure the fuel shutoff lever is in full ON position not partially turned to OFF or Vent.

/ CT335 starved for fuel, maybe not... #4  
Make sure the fuel shutoff lever at filter head is in full ON position not partially turned to OFF or Vent.

/ CT335 starved for fuel, maybe not... #5  
Having been through part of this check the lift pump for flow and pressure. I think it is about 3 to 5 PSI you want. Mine started to die as you indicate yours is. Turned out the Injector pump went bad. How is the throttle response. Slow to respond or lack of response or quick when you move it