crazy excavator

/ crazy excavator
Actually, when you look at Global Economy, there are very few rules, and even fewer that get obeyed. It's the best version of a free-for-all that you'll ever see.

I'm torn wether this is good or bad, on one hand someone is stealing and profiting from anothers work :mad:. On the other hand it makes a machine more affordable to the smaller guy, plus more machines, and places to choose from. I don't agree with being a theif either way, by stealing nor running a monopoly. Maybe it also leaves room for more inventive ways to make a machine???? This happens on all machines in all areas of the world, it isn't something new. Okay I've got a cement liner under my butt so flame away :laughing:

/ crazy excavator
Left myself wide open as payback for messing in your thead:D:thumbsup:

They are cool. You can do a ton with them. From digging to tree harvesting. Not crazy popular here in north america, but theres several out west in the mountains for obvious reasons.

I've never seen one around here, surprising to me with all the logging outfits. Seems like they'd be a great all around machine, being able to get into some odd places?

/ crazy excavator
I've seen similar units down here with a saw blade on the boom. They are used to trim trees on power line easements. Seems they are handy in the swamp.

I was wondering how they'd be in a swamp, on a regular excavator there would be swamp tracks to help with floatation plus the use of pads. Seems like this might be the one place these machines would be limited in real mucky clay soil?

/ crazy excavator
DavidVT; I watched that video some time ago and have to say only one word can describe it........CRAZY. Hydraulics are a wonderfull thing.

/ crazy excavator #16  
Actually, when you look at Global Economy, there are very few rules, and even fewer that get obeyed. It's the best version of a free-for-all that you'll ever see.
Unfortunately that is true. No respect for copyright laws coming out of china. And those products are a direct competitor to the copyright holder and undercut him severely. Its an ongoing problem with no reprocussions for either the buyer or the seller. But if i download 1 song off the internet......:mad:

I've never seen one around here, surprising to me with all the logging outfits. Seems like they'd be a great all around machine, being able to get into some odd places?

If you search youtube there are many more videos. Some of them in logging operations. The angles and verticle obstructions they can climb over is very impressive.One of the links i sent you is a favorite. watching it drop in off the ledge on the trail really showcases its ability to flex and maintain ground contact.

Heres a guy from BC that uses a Kaiser.Fletcher Excavations - Kaiser Spyder Walking Excavators.

There are definitely some out there, just not a bunch. They are compact pretty expensive (swiss or german origin, limited production, lots of hydraulics and moving parts) but if you need one, its hard to put a price on its flexibility.

/ crazy excavator #17  
I was wondering how they'd be in a swamp, on a regular excavator there would be swamp tracks to help with floatation plus the use of pads. Seems like this might be the one place these machines would be limited in real mucky clay soil?

I can't say for sure how well it did, I've seen them parked on the power line easements, and it looked like they went through some sure enough muddy places with it. Not sure how they did it though.