Correct tire pressures for the T5C; tire chains

/ Correct tire pressures for the T5C; tire chains #1  

Alan7s

Silver Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C
If the pressures are marked on the side, I'll need a kid with sharp eyes to read it. Anyone know what they should be?
Also, I'm guessing things would go easier in all this snow and ice if we had chains. It's a 2 wheel drive, so
are the 2 rear chains enough or would it be good to have chains on the front wheels too? I notice there is
a lot of skidding on the front end; steering doesn't make a lot of difference, even if the bucket is up.

/ Correct tire pressures for the T5C; tire chains #2  
you actually want the tires soft enough that they will grip the ground. too high of air pressure and the ride is rough and tractions is less..

On my compact tractor I think the sidewalls have like 40 psi listed - but i have 12 on the rears and about the same on the fronts.. at 20 psi i was being thrown out of the seat going over bumps at any speed higher than a crawl..

Brian

/ Correct tire pressures for the T5C; tire chains
OK thanks Brian; makes good sense. I do the same on my pickup; tires wear a little quicker, but a soft ride on the highway as compared to loosening your fillings . . .

/ Correct tire pressures for the T5C; tire chains #4  
My tires,both front and rear say 20 pounds max if I remember correctly. I run 15 in them.

/ Correct tire pressures for the T5C; tire chains #5  
I always run chains on mine during winter, I turned the rear wheels to have more inside clearance. The rear wheels can be mounted either way just swap sides so the tread is in correct direction. These tractors drive both rear wheels at all times and that requires the rear tires to have to slip a little to turn the tractor. Be advised that chains on the rear will make the tractor want to push straight ahead. Turning the tractor on a slippery surface in a small area can be challenging.