Backhoe Chinese backhoe parts?

/ Chinese backhoe parts? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi..Looking for the /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif keepers that are in the pivot pins on the backhoe.It's about 3" long,5/16 diameter and goes thru the pin,holds the pin in and keeps it from turning.it fastens to hoe with a bolt.anyone know what it's called or where I can purchase? Thanks

/ Chinese backhoe parts? #2  
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If I understand your needs correctly, I too, needed something like this, and was able to simply go to hardware store and buy a (in my case) 1/2 inch by 4 inch as I recall, grade 8 bolt.

do I understand correctly?

The ram has a 2" diamater pin that holds the ram onto the backhoe... there is (in my case) a 1/2 x 4 inch bolt that holds the pin in place?

Cost me under $4.00 as I recall at Ace Hardware.

Richard

/ Chinese backhoe parts?
Hi, No the pin I need is 5/16" diameter and about 3" long.there are 8 or more of them on the unit.Thanks

/ Chinese backhoe parts? #4  
I think you would be able to make one very easy, all you would need is some cold rolled 5/16" pin material, (metric conversion?) but it could be done easy. they are round hook with a slight bend in them I've got them on my unit. not sure if any of the dealers have any stock on them... Try contacting a few of the dealers listed at John S's web site I'm sure everal of them sell them, I know PUMA does and Steve is stocking parts, not sure how much back hoe stuff he has though.

Fabing one up would be pretty easy though... did you break one or it fall out?

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Chinese backhoe parts? #5  
If they look like number 3 or 10, check your local JD dealer. This is my JD 7 BH diagram, haven't measured them though but they probably have one in 5/16". Hope this helps.
278054-backhoe.gif

P.S. Big heavy duty cotter pins work to as I have one on mine.

Attachments

• 278054-backhoe.gif
    278054-backhoe.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 193
   / Chinese backhoe parts?
Hi Gator Thanks, your picture helps..they are like #3
Even though the pivot /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifpins seem free, I have at least three that have bent and one is somewhere in a hole after pulling stumps. Seeming the bolt hole part is not solid they sort of unwind.
Now that I have your picture..I'll go visit JD.(Hmmm can ya put JD parts on a Chinese hoe?)

/ Chinese backhoe parts? #7  
Another thing you could try, is take a good one off, and try to see how close of a match you can find in an eye bolt at a decent hardware store. Might have to cut to the length you need. Another thing to check, especially if you are twisting the existing eye bolts, is to make sure the main pin grease passages is clear. There have been some shipped from the factory, that would not accept grease, and needed the passges drilled out, or install a grease fitting on the hole on the ram.