Chimney & Woodburner

/ Chimney & Woodburner #1  

shade2u2

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
Anyone have any experience, knowledge or opinions of the double or triple line metal chimney systems in comparison with traditional block & mortor chimneys?

Also, what about Century woodstoves with blower?

We are planning to local a woodburner in the basement family room of our new house that we are planning to build next year. Farm & Fleet has these products discounted to 30% right now... What I know so far comes from the "woodheat.org" site...

/ Chimney & Woodburner #2  
I believe you need to use a solid type metal chimney. (around here they call them metal bestos type?)
We use this type and it works very well for wood stoves, it heats up quickly and is very easy to clean.

PTRich

/ Chimney & Woodburner #3  
The stainless steel flue’s are not cheap but they do work well and are not to hard to install. In my area you have to use the triple wall in any section that passes through the ceiling, roof or a floor. The other consideration is that the temp in the flue has a lot of influence on how the stove will draw. If you are going to have a long run, the double wall is recommended so that the internal temps stay up. Any good dealer should be able to help you with the layout.

MarkV

/ Chimney & Woodburner #4  
Is there a good distributor of SS flue pipe here in the US?
I'm having a difficult time finding 6" pipe for my waterstove.

gary

/ Chimney & Woodburner #5  
Gary,

The flue material that our wood stove dealer sold us is from, Simpson Dura-vent, Inc. PO Box 1510, Vacaville, Ca. 95688-1510, (800) 227-7374. I would think that any wood stove dealer in your area could fix you up. You also may want to check building supply places that sell pre-fab fireplaces. They use the same type of flue materials.

MarkV

/ Chimney & Woodburner
Thanx for the info.

Gmason, Simpson Dura-Vent is what Quality Farm & Fleet carries. These products are 30-40% off here at the store closing in our town. I bought the material to do most of our new house yesterday... Lowes carrie similar looking pieces of another brand that I can't recall right now...