Century 3045 review

/ Century 3045 review #11  
Re: Century 3045 review (update)

Hi Leaddog,
Thanks for the update. I got mine in early May and will be doing my 50 hr soon. Any pointers or recommendations now that you had to do yours? Any fill plugs that need three universals on a short handled socket /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif?
Our manuals say to change the hydraulic fluid after the first 50hrs, but my dealer ( Harold ) says to just do the filter. What did you do? Also what did the dealer charge you for all those filters? Thanks in advance!
Sorry to ask so many questions, but you know how us newbies are! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Century 3045 review #12  

The filters were about 50 bucks. the hyd one is expensive like 42 or so and the oil was about 8.
I changed all the oils because when you run the gears and all the parts little fines wear off new things and even though the hyd filter might catch it, it isn't worth the chance. oil is cheap. well not that cheap but cheaper than repairing.
when I changed the front axel oil there isn't any filter and you could see the golden fines in the oil.
changing is easy. no surprises. just takes a 17mm wrench and a filter wrench. Make sure you clean the trans screen. Just follow the book and you won't have any problems.
One thing. measure the oil you put into the trans as it is real easy to put it in so fast you don't see the sight gage fill up and because the oil is so light the gage looks empty but is over full. I had to drain some out and start over.
any other questions I'll try and answer
leaddog

/ Century 3045 review #13  

Thanks Leaddog,
I think your right. I'll do them all. Good advice about measuring, I know i would miss the level also.
Now, when do we get the moose back? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks Again
jh

/ Century 3045 review #14  
I have a 2002 Century 3045 I need to know which hydraulic oil filter I need to use to replace the old one. Anyone have a manual they can help me please. TIA

/ Century 3045 review #15  
I have a 2002 Century 3045 I need to know which hydraulic oil filter I need to use to replace the old one. Anyone have a manual they can help me please. TIA

You should post this question in a new thread in the Century/Branson or TYM sections, you'll get more views. 🍻