Price Check Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote #1  

MicroPilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT3500 hand-me-down
Just returned from looking at tractors. We went to the Century dealer and the Massey Dealer. Got a quote of $16,800 for a 3035 with a C50 FEL.

Does this sound a little high?

In comparison, the Massey dealer, who didn't have any MF tractors in my size range, showed me a Farmtrac DTC 300 with a FEL. He quoted me $18,000 for this one.

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote #2  
16500 TO 16700 IS THE GOING RATE. THAT MODEL IS BEING REPLACED WITH A C38L SO THEY SHOULD CUT YOU A DEAL. THAT IS A VERY NICE MACHINE THOUGH.

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote #3  
I sell both of these tractors, and they are both good ones. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I suggest you compare the specs. and check the differences in the loaders----then see who's price is a little high. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dancce

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote #4  
I just bought that same tractor and loader a month ago for 14500 and thought I got a heck of a deal. When they quote you these prices they have a little wiggle room but not likely 2000 dollars. The prices have gone up due to price of iron.
I would say if you get the C38 for that price you should jump on it, but that is only my opnion.

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I sell both of these tractors, and they are both good ones. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I suggest you compare the specs. and check the differences in the loaders----then see who's price is a little high. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dancce )</font>

I realize that the Century 3035 is a much superior tractor over the Farmtrac 300. I was just thinking that the Century price was a bit high compared to other prices I had seen posted on here.

Question about the Century. The shuttle lever was very stiff and it took some effort to go from forward to reverse. It was also hard to tell when in was in position. Other models of tractors that have a shuttle, the lever is very easy to move and "click" in when they are in position. Is this normal for a Century shuttle lever?

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote #6  
MicroPilot
There is always someone some ware who has bought something for more or less, maybe even a lot more or less. There can be many reasons for this. To stay in business and properly service you the dealer needs to make a profit. I think what is most important is based on your market area and the tractors you have looked at, you should be happy with the equipment, the dealer and value you are getting. I will also say most deals have at least a small amount of negotiating room.

As for the shuttle lever, it normally does take some effort to shift but it should not be difficult to move. Like all other tractors it is mechanical and built by people and there could be a problem. If the linkage is binding in the bracket under the dash a small amount of penetrating oil should solve the problem. (Under the grey plastic dashboard enclosure, there is a bracket with a short shaft and universal joint, transferring motion from shuttle shift lever to the transmission).

Hope that helps and good luck with your purchase.

Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote
Yea, I don't want my dealer to take a loss, but at the same time I don't want to pay too much!!

Compared to the quotes on other brands of tractors the Century dealer is the best price so far. I haven't talked to the Blue guys yet, but I fully expect them to be much higher than the Century dealer.

/ Century 3035 w/C50 FEL Price Quote #8  
Chipperman is probably correct about the shuttle lever needing some lubricant, especially if the tractor has been sitting out and not being used much. Also with the Zetor/Century's, the shuttle lever must be lifted (toward the steering wheel) to get it out of the center (neutral)position and into forward and/or reverse. This acts as a safety device. You can quickly bump the lever toward the neutral locking position to throw it out of gear, and conversely, you are less likely to accidently bump it into gear if the tractor is running. Also the tractor will not start unless it is in this center position.

dancce