CAT Challenger tractor

/ CAT Challenger tractor #1  

umpire

Can anyone give me some historical information on this relatively new line? Specifically, I'm looking at the M265 or M285 models. CAT, of course, has a good rep. I am interested because the only dealer in town carries this line of equipment; they (Wheeler Machinery) have a pretty good service reputation on other CAT equipment they sell and lease). Being in an isolated location, my options are somewhat limited: there is a New Holland dealer 40 miles away and a JD dealer 170 miles away, and they are the closest ones, other than the CAT dealer.

/ CAT Challenger tractor #2  
Have you checked out the Challenger website? Right on the homepage they give a brief history. The Challenger tractors are carbon copies of the Massey Ferguson machines. They are good machines.

/ CAT Challenger tractor #3  
The Challenger tractors are going to be good. They are built by Iseki out of Japan. They are carbon copies of the MF and AGCO compacts. When I was shopping, the CAT's were MUCH more expensive than their cousins though.

/ CAT Challenger tractor #4  
Have you checked to see if there is a Massey dealer in the area? There's no difference other than paint for the most part. You'd be paying more for the Challenger. John

/ CAT Challenger tractor #5  
Another thing to note, Challenger and CAT are separate companies, they just have a contract to distribute through CAT dealers.

/ CAT Challenger tractor #6  
The website was kind of in its infancy, but you could see the similarities to the MF one. It did lack the "Home and Estate" tab, and the sub-CUT's.

/ CAT Challenger tractor #7  
I actually Have the MT265 I bought it used w/100 hrs. This is my first tractor and it Seems like a good machine. Simple to operate and simple to work on. The only problem is CAT support. The dealer it was bought from does not sell them any more and wants NOTHING to do with them. The next closest dealer is about 75 miles away. Like others said they are more pricy but again I got mine used. Good luck