Capability of rk25 with finish mower

/ Capability of rk25 with finish mower #1  

Tater John

Tractor
9n, 135 Massey, Mahindra 2538, RK25
Thinking about purchase of an rk25 to use for mowing with a three point six foot finishing mower to replace my old 9n ford.
Does anyone use a 6 foot finishing mower behind their rk24 or rk25, and what is your assessment? Does it have
acceptable power to get the job done? I'm talking about cutting yard grass here, not bush hogging work.
Thanks
Tater John

/ Capability of rk25 with finish mower #2  
I have the RK 24 that pulls a 5' finish mower (king kutter) without even knowing that its behind me. Power wouldn't come into play for the 6' finish mower, but width might be a little much when using around the house and trees. The 5' mower is about 4" wider each side of the tractor. A 6' mower is going to be about 10" on each side. I found that for mowing my 3 acres, anything wider than what I have would be too big to get into many places around and between trees, flower beds and fence lines. If you're already mowing with a 6' mower on you're Ford, then you will have no problem using it on the RK.

/ Capability of rk25 with finish mower
I have the RK 24 that pulls a 5' finish mower (king kutter) without even knowing that its behind me. Power wouldn't come into play for the 6' finish mower, but width might be a little much when using around the house and trees. The 5' mower is about 4" wider each side of the tractor. A 6' mower is going to be about 10" on each side. I found that for mowing my 3 acres, anything wider than what I have would be too big to get into many places around and between trees, flower beds and fence lines. If you're already mowing with a 6' mower on you're Ford, then you will have no problem using it on the RK.
Thank you for your response, it is very helpful. If you've been pulling a 5 foot finishing mower "without even knowing that its behind me", then I'm certain I won't have any problem with the 6 foot. I've been using the same 6 foot Coroni brand mower for about 32 years now, I can't wear it out (I mow about 5 acres). I've changed bearings, belts, wheels and blades, but it keeps going. It would have rusted down years ago if I hadn't taken the belt guards off so the deck wouldn't trap moisture. Thanks for the real life experience report, just the info I needed. I think going from a Ford 9n (without live power) to rk25 will be a nice upgrade.

/ Capability of rk25 with finish mower
Thank you for your response, it is very helpful. If you've been pulling a 5 foot finishing mower "without even knowing that its behind me", then I'm certain I won't have any problem with the 6 foot. I've been using the same 6 foot Coroni brand mower for about 32 years now, I can't wear it out (I mow about 5 acres). I've changed bearings, belts, wheels and blades, but it keeps going. It would have rusted down years ago if I hadn't taken the belt guards off so the deck wouldn't trap moisture. Thanks for the real life experience report, just the info I needed. I think going from a Ford 9n (without live power) to rk25 will be a nice upgrade.
Thought I would post an update. I've been mowing all summer with the RK25 using a Coroni brand 6 foot finishing mower (side discharge). It's an old mower, about 35 yrs old, but it's been a good one and still going strong. I just wanted to say the RK25 does a great job with the 6 foot mower. I mow about 5 acres and sometimes let parts of the yard around the pond and garden get a little too tall, but the RK25 has had no problem. Also, I would say it has been really stable on slopes. I mow some fairly steep slopes on a pond dam and some other areas and it has done well. (It has the R14 tires). Just in case someone wants to know.
Thanks, Tater John

/ Capability of rk25 with finish mower #5  
A six foot mower on that machine would be pushing it, according to many. Much depends on how fast you cut. On my 26hp NH machine, the five foot mower was no problem, and a six foot would have been better, but the terrain here precludes cutting at much speed anyway. If your lawn is smooth and close to level, you might find the six foot mower won't want to work at the speed you want to go. I was sorry I didn't get a six foot mower, though, again, because I was going pretty darn slow anyway. Part of the problem was in the two range Hydro.. High range was too high to use here, and low range is very slow. With a bigger tractor now, I can cut in M range, and because the wheels are bigger, and it rides smoother, I can go a little faster, but the five foot rfm won't cover the wheels.. One more reason to go with the six footer.