Caldwell Challenger 5' Rotary Cutter

/ Caldwell Challenger 5' Rotary Cutter #1  

Moxie Hardscrabble

Tractor
MF TO35
Hey, Folks
Newbie here to the site. I have just recently been using a Caldwell Challenger 5' rotary cutter attached to a MF TO-35. I ran over a rock and now the blades do not spin. The PTO shaft is spinning to the power head on the cutter. Not sure if the output shaft is spinning. Is there a shear pin that I am not aware of? I looked at the parts diagram to the cutter and see no pins to shear. I believe that there is a over-cutter coupler between the shaft and the input shaft. Can that be the source of the problem?

Also, I have acquired a "Bush Hog" ATH72 finish mower. The lower seal needed replacing. I first "googled" for any information on repairing the unit and found nothing. I removed the gear box from the cutter and decided to pry the seal out with a screw driver. Got it out and found that I had damaged the bearing just below it. BUMMER! Any thoughts how to remove the bearing without damaging anything else?

Thanks for any suggestions!

/ Caldwell Challenger 5' Rotary Cutter #2  
Generally the sheer pin is the bolt that connects the PTO shaft to the input shaft on the gearbox. If that's not the problem your gearbox is probably blown up.

/ Caldwell Challenger 5' Rotary Cutter #3  
It can look like the PTO shaft is just fine when it is actually just spinning on the input shaft. Check your shear bolt.