cadplans

/ cadplans #21  
Stoneheart: I think you have the right idea for tractors too small to support a powerful backhoe. I have been thinking of the same factors you listed, economy being number one. Since you re-utilize the engine and hydraulic system you already paid for on your tractor, and use the tractor to pull it around by hopefully the drawbar, the backhoe can be a simple trailer type with retracting wheels or extending stabilizers, and simply plug into the tractor for hyd power. It cant put much stress on the tractor frame since it is only connected to the drawbar, and the drawbar will certainly keep it from pushing itself around when digging hard.

/ cadplans #22  
will not be starting the project until next spring, but have researched it out

will be purchasing the metal locally, the rest from metkit except for the tires and wheels, the prices from metkit seem very competitive with all of the other sources i have checked

looked at the bushing issue and will try to obtain the bronze bushings locally or on the net, the plastic did not appeal to me as being very long lived

/ cadplans #23  
We may be overstressing on the plastic versus bronze issue. Replacing one of them is only minutes on my FEL. I used the plastic on my CadPlans 1007 FEL I have only a couple of hours on the FEL so can not tell ya'll about wear yet.