C/B info for the new buyer

/ C/B info for the new buyer #1  

jhines

Greetings all,
First, I would like to say that have garnered a lot information from you folks and I really enjoy reading through tractor forum threads (I think one guy called it "tractor ****"). I love antique tractors. I would have a whole yard full of them, if I could (primarily 'cause they're cool). But, I also realize that, while they look neat and are very well built, there is technology available to make tasks far easier and tractors far more capable now than then. This brings us to my line of questioning.

Before I begin, I would like to apologize for the length of this post. I have done a great deal of research (on paper at this point) about new tractors. My needs are basically a versatile piece of equipment whose primary role (at least initially) will be digging and moving. That said, I seek a TLB. I must be financed and I have limited myself to around $20,000. I live in SC (where there is very little selection of anything - tractors, cars, tools, stereo, etc. - think mediocrity). I mention that only because limited dealerships means limited knowledge and lots of [sometimes] bad information. To the following questions I have recieved varied answers.

What is the real usable difference between the 2535 and 3035 other than draft control (...can 130 lb and 2" ground clearance mean that much)?

Can the C50 loader be attached to the smaller frame 2535? If not, do the smaller loaders have the Quick-Tach type system...pallet forks would be nice to have from time to time.

Is there an 8.5' backhoe option or only 7.5'? If so, should I consider a separate pump for the hoe?

Does anyone have enough hours on a C/B to give insight into their lifespan?

What should I expect to pay for each piece (tractor, loader, backhoe)? I have quotes, but they seem high compared to some things I have found on the web.

Thanks for any help,
Jon

/ C/B info for the new buyer #2  
welcome to tbn!
i cannot tell you how much difference their is because i only have experience on the 2535, but it has been all i have needed. the c50 loader is available on the 2535. i paid $16,400 for 2535 with c50 loader, and another $3500 for used woods 6500 with subframe. i would think you could pay less down south because we seem to have some of the highest prices in the northeast.

doug

/ C/B info for the new buyer #3  
Jon
Welcome to TBN. I think the main difference other than what you mention is more stability due to its larger track and wheelbase. Better control with larger implements.
The C-50 loader will go on large or small tractors with the proper sub frame.
Within 90 days or less the 8.5' backhoe will fit on the 2535 (the mounting kits are on order from Ameiquip)
Hope that helps.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman