BX2750 Snowblower Fan Problem

/ BX2750 Snowblower Fan Problem
The fan in now straightened, and the grease fitting has been installed. I will pick up a can of Chevrolet Engine Orange, and put the finishing touches on it tomorrow. Then reassemble and test. If all goes well after testing, I will fill the shaft with grease so there will be no more rusting of the shaft, and the bushings will be well lubricated.
To install the grease fitting, you need to drill into the center shaft between the two bushings. Then disassemble a right angle grease fitting, and install the bottom part first. Then install the angle fitting, and tighten. All that is left to do now, is to adjust the lower half in a direction that is easy to get your grease gun onto the fitting. I will be using a extreme pressure (EP) molybdenum disulfide grease for this application. Once a season greasing should be enough and with this high quality grease, if you forget, there is plenty of residual supply in the shaft.

Attachments

• MVC-666S.JPG
    MVC-666S.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 456
  • MVC-667S.JPG
    MVC-667S.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 542
Finished painting it tonight, and will reinstall it tomorrow.

Attachments

• MVC-668S.JPG
    MVC-668S.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 524
   / BX2750 Snowblower Fan Problem #14  
Finished painting it tonight, and will reinstall it tomorrow.

Dusty,

You did a good job of painting the fan without getting any on the chair! :D I like the grease fitting and will do that to mine in the Spring. Thanks for posting the pictures. I'd say the Chevy Engine Orange is a close match! Let us know how the test run goes. Dyer, retired

Finished putting it together today, and it works just like new........... almost. It has been so long ago that it was new, that I don't really remember what it was like when new. Hopefully, this will be the last repair that it will need this winter. Have some other projects that I want to spend some time with..

/ BX2750 Snowblower Fan Problem #16  
Howdy,

The problems described in this thread are similar to hassles I am having with my B2772 Snowthrower...

Starting a few days ago, the impeller is just "zinging" the bottom of its enclosure. It touches, but does not bind. I can easily push it past the contact point by hand.

The blade in the top position clears the enclosure by about 3/8".

Is there an adjustment to allow me to center the impellor properly, or is this more likely a call for a bearing job?

Many thanks for any tips,

Lothar

/ BX2750 Snowblower Fan Problem #17  
Where is a good place to buy some Chevrolet engine orange paint?

I buy the Chevrolet engine paint from Bill Hirsch Auto Parts 396 Littleton Ave, Newark, NJ 07103. (973) 642-2404 Bill Hirsch Engine Enamel $42 per quart plus shipping. however, it is a lifetime supply. When storing paint, turn the can over every few months to keep the solids from gathering at the bottom of the can.
I purchased the 1 quart can thinned it with xylene and applied it with a brush. In warm weather, it flows out without brush marks. Extremely durable and it sticks like glue. It isn't the least expensive product, but it is the best product that you will ever find. Auto Restoration Supplies for Classic Cars, Antique Cars, Exotic Cars - HirschAuto.com