Mowing BX2370 mower deck dropping in its own! Any ideas?

/ BX2370 mower deck dropping in its own! Any ideas? #1  

Jimbo1972

Tractor
Kubota BX2370
Need some mower deck help with my BX2370. Just acquired it from the original owners family. It had sat a while. It has a 60” Drive over deck. The deck height knob was frozen and I was able to clean it/grease it and free it up. I mowed for the first time today and noticed that any time I hit a bump, the deck would lower and the knob kept moving lower and lower. Any idea how to fix this? Got annoying stopping every few minutes to re-adjust!
The knob is working and height adjustment works, just doesn’t stay put
Thanks for the help!

/ BX2370 mower deck dropping in its own! Any ideas? #2  
I'm guessing..........maybe too much greasing on that cam height part. .... maybe the finger that holds the cam in place isn't quite right......maybe a wrench turn will tighten things up....to stay put.

I'm just guessing based on my ownership of similar Kubota decks.

Cheers,
Mike

/ BX2370 mower deck dropping in its own! Any ideas?
I’m thinking it may be the little spring finger. I reached up there w/ a screw driver to pop it free. It appeared to have rusted to the cam from sitting. I wonder if I bent it and it needs to be bent back to keep
More pressure on the cam.
Thanks for the help.

/ BX2370 mower deck dropping in its own! Any ideas?
New cam and metal spring along with an extra washer to take up the wiggle in the adjuster.
Works perfect now.
The cam (with a little over 100hrs) was worn smooth on a few of the steps. Odd because the previous owner only used it a few times to mow.
Thanks for the help
-Jimbo