BX2200 troubles

/ BX2200 troubles #1  

Anonymous Poster

got a new 2200 orderd just wondering if everbody likes it or if any problems

/ BX2200 troubles #2  
I've had my BX2200 for about 3 weeks now. Only have about 14 hours on it due to rain or work schedule. May have to give up work. This machine has performed beyond my expectations. Mowing with the 60" midmount mower is actually a pleasure. The machine is so easy to control. I was a little unsure that I'd like the hst having always operated gear transmissions. My last mower was a JD 112 with gear drive and variable speed final drive. I had to mow for a day and a half every week to keep up with the grass, and if I got behind, I had to mow it with the deck raised as a first cut for the mower could'nt handle all that grass at one bite. The BX2200 takes it all in stride. I've mowed areas I have'nt mowed in years. I ordered the front end loader but have'nt recieved it yet. Then I'll see how much more I got for the money. Call me a satisfied Kubota customer.

George

/ BX2200 troubles #3  
There must be getting to be a lot of satisfied BX owners. I was at the local dealer here last week and saw a whole semi loaded with them. They were selling them faster than they could get them and had NONE on display with a couple down in the back out of sight. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BX2200 troubles #4  
Must be a really hot product. Just got a call from a dealer I had visited 4 mos. ago. At the time was unsure what I wanted; L&G or compact. He called to say he had a BX2200 available. And that I should come by the end of the day to have a shot at it !

/ BX2200 troubles #5  
All the problems that I have had to date were minor and quickly resolved by my dealer. Problems: When it was delivered (January), it had a leak in the fuel tank seam. Immediately replaced. Recently I posted resolutions to battery charging and weak brake problems (see thread Kubota Owning - BX 2200 Trouble report after 40 hrs). Quickly responded to by the dealer.

One issue reported to date by several owners (to which I concur) is has how tight the 3-point is.
You have to do some real maneuvering to get some implements attached. Grease the hitch balls up real good! Don't go crazy on implement sizes. For example, a 6' blade may sound nicer to use than a 4', but not when you have to physically angle/re-angle it (drag the implement to reorient) during the installation.

Bottom-line though, no regrets to date. It's has been much more tractor than I expected (always a nice surprise). I don't know how I ever managed to live 45 years without a loader. (Then again, I don't know if my property/trees/house will survive another year with me having one /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).

/ BX2200 troubles #6  
I HAVE HAD MY BX2200 NOW FOR 2 WEEKS AND HAVE JUST OVER 20 HOURS ON IT ,THE 60 INCH MOWER IS JUST FANTSTIC, I HAVE BEEN USING A 48" BOX SCRAPER TO LEVEL AND GRADE MY YARD (1.5 ACRES) AND THIS LITTLE TRACTOR HAS NOT LET ME DOWN YET. IT TOOK A LITTLE WHILE TO LEARN HOW TO USE AND SET UP THE SCRAPER BUT IT REALLY IS WORKING OUT NICE.TO THOOSE OF YOU WHO DONT NOW THERE IS A ROD UNDER THE SEAT TO CONTROL BOTH UPPER AND LOWER LIFT LIMITS ON THE THREE POINT , BE SURE TO SET YOUR UPPER LIMIT ,AS I DID NOT AT FIRST AND BENT MY UPPER LIFT LINK BEFORE I NOTICE IT TO BE BOTTOMING OUT.BUT ALL IS REPAIRED NOW AND READY TO GO BUT WAITING FOR RAIN TO PASS IN MID MICH.